For Section 4.2 "Geomechanics and Rheology" in Department 4 "Geomaterials" we invite applications for
3 Geophysicists/Geologists (m/f)
Reference No. 27/42/17 DG
- contribute to the study of solid-earth deformation processes over a broad range of scales from laboratory to field
- develop a vigorous and competitive research programme in one of the fields of experimental rock mechanics, seismomechanics or seismology
- willingness to work in a clearly interdisciplinary and international environment
- publish research results in state of the art journals, acquire third-party funding, and co-supervise PhD students
- Master's degree (or equivalent) and PhD in Geophysics or Geology with a focus on either experimental rock mechanics, seismomechanics or seismology
- candidates with a focus in experimental rock mechanics should have a solid background and experience in laboratory work and a good understanding of mechanics of materials and microstructural analysis
- candidates with a focus in seismomechanics or seismology should have experience in state of the art processing and analysis of short-period / high-frequency waveform recordings
|Starting date:||as soon as possible|
|Fixed term:||3 years with option for extension|
|Working hours:||full-time (currently 39 h/week)
The position is, in principle, suitable for part-time employment
|Salary:||EG 13 TVöD-Bund (Tarifgebiet Ost)|
You can expect a very diverse and challenging job in an international work environment that is characterized by exciting research projects. The compatibility of work and family life is of particular concern to the GFZ. Therefore, it offers the opportunity for flexible working time and workplaces. Moreover, there is a kindergarten located on the research campus.
The GFZ is a partner with Geo.X (www.geo-x.net), and as such it is well connected with other geoscience institutions in Potsdam and Berlin. Geo.X forms the largest regional cluster of geoscientific expertise in Europe and offers excellent opportunities for cooperation and development.
Equal opportunity is an inherent part of our personnel policy. Therefore we are particularly welcoming applications from qualified women. Severely disabled persons will be given preferential treatment in the case of equal qualification.
We will retain your application documents for at least three months, even if the application is not successful. They will not be returned.
If you have any questions regarding this job offer, please feel free to call Mrs Albrecht at +49 (0)331 288-28878.