For Section 1.1 "Space Geodetic Techniques" in Department 1 "Geodesy" we invite applications for a
Research Scientist "LEO satellite enhanced GNSS" (m/f)
Job Vacancy No. 0451
- improvement of the EPOS-RT software package for real-time precise positioning service (RTS) and LEO enhanced GNSS (LeGNSS)
- investigation of the characteristics of satellite clock biases
- development of proper modelling for optical clocks in RTS and LeGNSS data processing
- extension of the software for GNSS/LEOs with optical clocks
- evaluation of the contribution of optical clocks in the positioning performance of current GNSS and future LeGNSS and define new data processing schema for the future GNSS systems
- publication of relevant results in peer-reviewed scientific journals
- Master's degree and PhD in geodesy or a related discipline
- preferably with experiences in GNSS and LEO data management and in GNSS and LEO data analysis
- experience in developing scientific software packages, e.g. in FORTRAN and/or C, good knowledge of Unix/Linux OS environment and preferably Shell/Perl programming skills
- very good English skills, fluent in spoken and written form
- skill to contribute to a multi-disciplinary and international team with the appropriate communicative competence
- high motivation and ability to work independently
|Starting date:||1st June 2018|
|Fixed term:||2 years (possible extension by one additional year)|
|Working hours:||full-time (currently 39 h/week) |
The position is, in principle, suitable for part-time employment
|Salary:||The pay scale grouping will be into pay group 13 TVöD-Bund (Tarifgebiet Ost) provided that all tariff related, professional and personal requirements are met.|
You can expect a very diverse and challenging job in an international work environment that is characterized by exciting research projects. The compatibility of work and family life is of particular concern to the GFZ. Therefore, it offers the opportunity for flexible working time and workplaces. Moreover, there is a kindergarten located on the research campus.
The GFZ is a partner with Geo.X (http://www.geo-x.net/), and as such it is well connected with other geoscience institutions in Potsdam and Berlin. Geo.X forms the largest regional cluster of geoscientific expertise in Europe and offers excellent opportunities for cooperation and development.
Equal opportunity is an inherent part of our personnel policy. Therefore we are particularly welcoming applications from qualified women. Severely disabled persons will be given preferential treatment in the case of equal qualification.
We will retain your application documents for at least three months, even if the application is not successful. They will not be returned.
If you have any questions regarding this job offer, please feel free to call us at +49 (0) 331-288-28878.