For Section 1.1 "Space Geodetic Techniques" we invite applications for a
Research Scientist (m/f)
Job Vacancy No. 0463
- analysis of multi-GNSS ground-based station tracking data using the analysis software EPOS.P8 which was developed and is used within our working group GNSS IGS Analysis Center
- comparison of the GNSS-derived products with corresponding data sets and validation by means of independent observation techniques, e.g. Satellite Laser Ranging
- further development of the operational GNSS processing system (especially determination of ionospheric delays from multi-GNSS observation data)
- Master's degree in geodesy or equivalent
- preferably a PhD in geodesy
- experience in GNSS data management or GNSS data analysis
- experience in developing scientific software packages, e.g. in FORTRAN
and/or C, good knowledge of Unix/Linux OS environment,
preferably Shell/Perl programming skills
- very good English skills, fluent in spoken and written form
- skill to contribute to a multi-disciplinary and international team
with the appropriate communicative competence
- high motivation and the ability to work independently
|Starting date:||as soon as possible|
|Fixed term:||3 years|
|Working hours:||full-time (currently 39 h/week) |
The position is, in principle, suitable for part-time employment.
|Salary:||The pay scale grouping will be into pay group 13
(Tarifgebiet Ost) provided that all tariff related and personal
requirements are met.
You can expect a very diverse and challenging job in an international work environment that is characterized by exciting research projects. The compatibility of work and family life is of particular concern to the GFZ. Therefore, it offers the opportunity for flexible working time and workplaces. Moreover, there is a kindergarten located on the research campus.
The GFZ is a partner with Geo.X (http://www.geo-x.net/), and as such it is well connected with other geoscience institutions in Potsdam and Berlin. Geo.X forms the largest regional cluster of geoscientific expertise in Europe and offers excellent opportunities for cooperation and development.
Equal opportunity is an inherent part of our personnel policy. Therefore we are particularly welcoming applications from qualified women. Severely disabled persons will be given preferential treatment in the case of equal qualification.
We will retain your application documents for at least three months, even if the application is not successful.
If you have any questions regarding this job offer, please feel free to
call us at +49 (0) 331-288-28878.