As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. With the dispatch of qualified specialists as development workers, GIZ contributes to the sustainable improvement of living conditions of people in developing and transition countries.
For an assignment as a development worker we are looking for the location Sokodé in Togo for an
Development worker as an advisor on organisational development for farmer organisations
Field of activity
Through its programme on rural development and agriculture (Programme pour le Développement Rural et l’Agriculture, ProDRA), GIZ is supporting various farmers' organisations in Togo in setting up a range of demand-driven services to help achieve the project objective of boosting stakeholders’ performance in selected agricultural value chains. Activities are also geared towards pro-poor, sustainable agricultural growth and the development of economic structures and a greater market focus of production and processing.
The development worker assignment covers two areas of action: Area A involves improving the core processes and cooperation between farmers, the suppliers of agricultural inputs, processing companies and trade along the selected value chains. Area B is concerned with introducing economically viable business models and boosting income. The position involves training rural associations of service providers and producers to offer services in demand at target-group level. The degree of organisation, particularly of cooperatives, is to be enhanced through training and advisory services and put on a professional footing.
You offer the following qualifications
- University degree in agricultural economics, agriculture science, cooperatives, organisational development, geography or comparable
- At least two years of experience working in a field relevant to the project
- Willingness to work in remote locations
- Good command of French
You offer the following competencies
- Experience in the field of cooperatives, farmers' organisations, administration
- Experience in agriculture
- Practical experience in the private sector, agricultural economics
- Consultancy skills and the ability to moderate events
For more information please visit: www.bit.ly/GIZ29352