At the Technical Faculty of IT and Design, Department of Planning, Copenhagen campus, a position as Assistant Professor in Cadastral Legislation and Property Registration is open for appointment from 1 November 2019 or soon hereafter. The initial appointment for this position will be for three years. The field of the Department for Planning includes development and planning in a broad sense, and thereby it ranges from the social science aspects of development like Environmental Management, Physical Planning, Sector Planning, Land Management, to technical subjects such as Surveying and Geoinformatics. See more at www.plan.aau.dk.
The position is allocated to the Land Management research group, which covers a broad range of topics including Cadastral Science, Property Law, and Land Management. The research is often associated with other topics at the Department of Planning such as Spatial Planning, Environmental Planning, Mapping and Surveying.
The Assistant Professor will - besides research - contribute to teaching and supervision in Danish Cadastral Legislation, Property Registration, Property Law, Land Management and related topics both at under-graduate and graduate level. You may obtain further professional information from Head of Section, Professor Henning Sten Hansen, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / phone: +45 2815 6464.
The applicant should have a PhD degree within the field of Cadastre or Property Law.
Appointment as an Assistant Professor cannot exceed a period of four years in total in a temporary position (appointment at Assistant Professor level cannot exceed a period of eight years in total in Denmark).
The application must contain the following:
- A statement outlining your reasons for applying, and intentions and visions with, the position.
- Your curriculum vitae, including personal data, educational background, scientific qualifications, dissemination skills, participation in committees and boards, and additional qualifications relevant for the position.
- Copies of relevant diplomas (Master of Science and PhD). On request, you could be asked for an official English translation.
- A complete list of publications.
- Publications you wish to be considered by the assessment committee. You may attach up to 5 publications.
- A specification of your teaching qualifications relative to the teaching portfolio. If this is not inclosed you must include an explanation for its absence.
An assessment committee will assess all candidates.
The applications are only to be submitted online by using the "Apply Now" button below.
AAU wishes to reflect the diversity of society and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background or belief.
For further information concerning the application procedure please contact Lisbeth Palmelund by mail email@example.com or phone (+45) 9940 7553.
Information regarding guidelines, ministerial circular in force, teaching portfolio and procedures can be seen here.
Employment is in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities (the Appointment Order) and the Ministry of Finance's current Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities. Employment and salary are in accordance with the collective agreement for state-employed academics.
Vacancy number: 2019-224-02299