Two-year M.Sc. position is opened at the Marine Laboratory headed by Prof. Alexey Kamyshny at the Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel. The student will participate in Israel Science Foundation funded project “Cryptic sulfur cycling in the sediments of the Gulf of Aqaba”. The goal of this project is to study how high flux of desert dust affects sulfur, iron and manganese cycles and mineralization of organic matter in the sediments of the Gulf of Aqaba, Red Sea (Blonder et al., 2017, Frontiers in Microbiology, 8:1131; Boyko et al., 2019, Marine Chemistry, 216:103691). Position includes research project as well as teaching and/or course administration. The total allowance (stipend and salary) is 46,000 NIS (~14,000$) per year. Project period: February 27, 2022 – February 26, 2024.
Application deadline: November 20, 2021.
- B.Sc. in earth sciences or chemistry with proven background in analytical chemistry
- average B.Sc. grade above 85 (or corresponding grade in other grading systems)
- fluency in written and spoken English
- hands-on expertise in chromatographic techniques
- hands-on expertise in mass-spectrometric techniques
Internet site: http://www.kamyshny.net
Please send application, including CV, transcript of courses with grades and application letter to Dr. Alexey Kamyshny: email@example.com