The Communication Officer will support the marketability of EMBRC-ERIC with a community of stakeholders. Through the establishment of the necessary communication platforms, He/She will support the achievement of our KPI in terms of community engagement and service uptake.
Full Time, two-years contract of employment.
EMBRC-ERIC Headquarters, 4 Place Jussieu, Paris, France, c/o Sorbonne Université, Paris 5.
Brief Description of the EMBRC-ERIC
The European Marine Biological Resource Centre (EMBRC-ERIC) is a distributed pan-European research infrastructure that aims to provide a strategic delivery mechanism for excellent and large-scale marine science in Europe. With its services, EMBRC-ERIC will support both fundamental and applied research based on marine bioresources and marine ecosystems. The EMBRC-ERIC is centrally managed by the EMBRC-ERIC Executive Director, with the support of the EMBRC-ERIC Secretariat, based at the Paris Headquarters, hosted by Université Pierre et Marie Curie - Paris VI, Campus of Jussieu. The working language is English; knowledge of French will be advantageous. For further information:
Job Mission and Objectives
EMBRC-ERIC is looking for a motivated and proficient Communication Officer to support and amplify our development potential through effective communication and social relations. The user community will be a main audience of our communication objectives. Articles will need to be placed to animate our social media channels, or events, telling the achievement realised by our scientific community, to a broader community of scientist and policy makers.
1) Communications Coordination
- Establish a network of contact persons across the Consortium tasked with Communications responsibilities;
- Develop and maintain shared repositories of information and contact persons (internal and external stakeholders), adhering to data protection rules;
- Establish communications channels to ensure effective distribution of Comm's products and outputs across members;
- Ensure smooth functioning of communication tools during events.
2) Management of Communication Channels
- Be a central point for the collection, organisation and distribution of news across the consortium using suitable channels
- Design and implement a consortium newsletter that is distributed electronically (system to be defined)
- Maintain, moderate and feed all social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) and develop our presence on Youtube and increase EMBRC-ERIC social media impact.
3) Website design and Content Management
- Provide input into the new design of the EMBRC website (graphic design, navigation, content). Drafting the specifications and monitor the execution of the webmaster's work
- Edit and maintain specific sections of the project website (general information, news sections) - subject to being provided with CMS access rights
4) Communications Strategy
- The creation of original and structured content to adequately describe the EMBRC-ERIC activities, our achievements and our general organisational status will be a main activity.
- Working with the Executive Director, secretariat and members, to update and develop a fit for purpose communications strategy for the consortium
- Implement the strategy and monitor achievements against set metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Represent EMBRC-ERIC and its related projects in seminars, workshops and conferences, and multiply our user community engagement
- In coordination with the Secretariat, organise outreach activities, including scientific, policy, industry and general public audiences;
- Monitor Communication Performance.
5) Brand Material
- Enforce brand guidelines for all communications outputs (at HQ and Partners levels)
- Develop a corporate video introducing the consortium, its ambitions and activities
- As required by the consortium, develop ad hoc communications products as requested by the consortium.
Essential Skills and Competences
- Minimum qualification: Master Degree in Communication and Marketing, or equivalent;
- Minimum two-years experience in similar role;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Excellent presentation and skills in writing and verbally;
- Excellent computer literacy, including command of MS Office package and ability to operate on multiple platforms (Apple and Windows operating systems);
- Proven experience in the publication of communication material of high quality;
- Command of Image processing software (i.e.: Adobe Illustrator; Photoshop, others)
- Knowledge of publishing software programmes;
- Data analysis skills for analytical reports;
Desirable Skills and Competences
- Graphic skills;
- IT skills (database management, website content management, programming languages);
- French language and other EU languages, in addition to English;
- Knowledge of EMBRC.
Special Personal Attributes Required for the Position
- Accountable and responsive, with a natural disposition towards the others;
- Accustomed to a multi-cultural environment, and to working with a high-degree of transparency and in close interaction with colleagues;
- Able to work towards precise objectives under specific time constraints;
- Clear and able to produce high-quality output;
- Excellent organizational skills, including own work as well as the work of others;
- High-standard work ethics;
- International work experience.
- Competitive salary, commensurate to titles and experience (indicative net salary: 28-32 K€ per year).
- A benefit package will be offered, including, at a minimum, health insurance and public transportation subsidy. Moving expenses up to 1500Eur will also be supported.
- 2-years contract with 6-month probation and possibility of renewal;
- Overtime may be required to meet activity deadlines;
- National and international travel may be required for the purpose of meeting with internal and external stakeholders;
- EMBRC-ERIC is an equal-opportunity employer, actively supporting the development of their staff.
Prepare your application as one single PDF document containing:
- Cover letter explaining your interest in this position and how you could contribute;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- The name of three references;
Enclose this document in an email message, with subject: "EMBRC Communication Officer"; addressed to: email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until the 24th of August. The position will start on the 1st October 2018.