EMBRC-ERIC Access Officer
EMBRC-ERIC is looking for an Access Officer, whose role will be to facilitate the uptake of research services by stakeholders from the academic, industrial and policy environments.
The EMBRC-ERIC Access Officer will:
- coordinate the EMBRC-ERIC Service provision;
- liaise with national/local service providers in order to closely follow the implementation of the Assemble Plus project, with a focus on Transnational Access Activity and Networking Activity which the project will deliver.
Contract of indefinite duration, linked to the project duration (3 years expected), with 6 months-probation period.
EMBRC-ERIC Headquarters, 4 Place Jussieu, Paris, France, c/o Sorbonne Université, Paris 6.
Brief Description of EMBRC-ERIC
The European Marine Biological Resource Centre (EMBRC-ERIC) is a distributed pan-European research infrastructure that aims to provide a strategic delivery mechanism for excellent and large-scale marine science in Europe. With its services, EMBRC-ERIC will support both fundamental and applied research based on marine bioresources and marine ecosystems. The EMBRC-ERIC is centrally managed by the EMBRC-ERIC Executive Director, with the support of the EMBRC-ERIC Secretariat, based at the Paris Headquarters, hosted by Sorbonne Université - Paris VI, Campus of Jussieu. EMBRC-ERIC offers a range of high-level services to support basic and applied marine biology and ecology research. The services are provided by the EMBRC-ERIC Operators in EMBRC-ERIC member countries, through its online Access Portal.
EMBRC-ERIC provides an exclusive portfolio of services and unique data, open to users from both public organizations and the private sector: http://www.embrc.eu/servicerequests/exploration/explore/128
The working language is English; knowledge of French will be advantageous. For further information:
Job Mission and Objectives
EMBRC-ERIC is looking for a motivated and proficient Access Officer to support the coordination of the service provision, ensuring a reliable, timely and qualitative service to the users, together with the Consortium National and Local Liaison Officers. The Access Officer will also be in charge of the service offer under the Assemble Plus EU H2020 project (www.AssemblePlus.eu).
Main responsibilities include:
- Provide a single interface with the Users all along the service provision, in coordination with the service providers at National and Operators levels;
- Follow the integration and update of EMBRC-ERIC services on the EMBRC-ERIC web portal;
- Ease administrative constraints and initiate Standard Operating Procedures.
- Represent EMBRC-ERIC in various Working Groups and project activities related to Access Management.
- Follow the development of the Assemble Plus Joint Research Activities to ensure these services to be are captured;
- Hands-on assistance to the Assemble Plus Trans-national Access programme, including managing project applications through the online platforms, proposal evaluation through the User Selection Panel, coordination of partners activities in response to access provision;
- Support the development of the Assemble Plus Networking Activities, ensuring visibility and impact;
- Support the EMBRC-ERIC Executive Director and A+ project Coordinator with the management of the project's activities for an impactful implementation, including reporting to the project managers and EU evaluation Committee;
- Reporting activities for the Assemble Plus project and EMBRC-ERIC.
Essential Skills and Competences
- Minimum qualification: Masters level or equivalent experience;
- Minimum four-year experience in project management and/or service provision;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Excellent presentation and reporting skills, in writing and verbally;
- Excellent computer literacy, including command of MS Office package and ability to operate on multiple platforms (Apple and Windows operating systems);
- Data analysis skills for analytical reports, information management systems;
- Excellent communication and ability to work collaboratively, in an international context.
Desirable Skills and Competences
- IT skills (database management, website content management, programming languages);
- Command of Image processing software (i.e.: Adobe Illustrator; Photoshop, others)
- Other EU languages, in addition to English and French;
- Knowledge of EMBRC;
Special Personal Attributes Required for the Position
- Able to work towards precise objectives under specific time constraints;
- Communicative and a listener, at ease with colleagues from different disciplines;
- Clear and able to produce high-quality output;
- Excellent organizational skills, including own work as well as the work of others;
- International background;
- Accustomed to a multi-cultural environment, and to working with a high-degree of transparency and in close interaction with colleagues;
- High-standard work ethics.
- Competitive salary, commensurate to titles and experience (indicative net salary 26K€-32K€ per year).
- A benefit package will be offered, including, at a minimum, health insurance and public transportation subsidy. Moving expenses up to 1500Eur will also be supported.
- 2-years contract with 6-month probation and possibility of renewal;
- Overtime may be required to meet activity deadlines;
- National and international travel may be required for the purpose of meeting with internal and external stakeholders;
- EMBRC-ERIC is an equal-opportunity employer, actively supporting the development of their staff.
Prepare your application as one single PDF document, in English, containing: i) Cover letter explaining your interest in this position and how you could contribute; ii) Copy of your Curriculum Vitae; iii) Name of two references. Enclose this document in an email message, with subject: "Access Officer"; addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until the 24th of August 2018. The position will start on the 1st of October 2018.