EMBRC-ERIC Administrative Assistant
The EMBRC-ERIC Administrative Assistant provides expert administrative services for the EMBRC-ERIC Secretariat and the EMBRC-ERIC Executive Director.
Full Time, two-years contract of employment, renewable.
EMBRC-ERIC Headquarters, 4 Place Jussieu, Paris, France, c/o Sorbonne Université, Paris 6.
The working languages are both French and English.
Brief Description of the EMBRC
The European Marine Biological Resource Centre (EMBRC-ERIC) is a distributed pan-European research infrastructure that aims to provide a strategic delivery mechanism for excellent and large-scale marine science in Europe. With its services, EMBRC-ERIC will support both fundamental and applied research, based on marine bioresources and marine ecosystems. The EMBRC-ERIC is centrally managed by the EMBRC-ERIC Executive Director, with the support of the EMBRC-ERIC Secretariat, based at the Paris Headquarters, hosted by Sorbonne Université - Paris VI, Campus of Jussieu. For further information:
Reception and maintenance of EMBRC-ERIC Headquarters
- Welcome and inform the staff and users of the structure;
- Keep the premises (offices and small reception area) supplied and operating;
- Ensure the proper functioning of HQ devices (printer, communication tools, etc.);
- Process incoming and outgoing mail;
- Support the organization of EMBRC-ERIC or working groups meetings;
Secretariat Staff Support
- Support the mission planning and expense refund of the Secretariat Staff;
- Support the Executive Director and assist with her agenda, her travels and her meetings;
- Support the organization of EMBRC-ERIC events at the Headquarters and outside.
- Process administrative information and files, verify their compliance, proceed with the meticulous archiving of files and systematically inform the Executive Director about the status of files;
- Follow the accounting of expenses, including requests for payments and invoices, service-made notification, issuance of payments to suppliers, and integration of data in administration software (Smartdata, SIFAC);
- Provide information for reporting purposes, in connection with EMBRC-ERIC Financial Administration Officer, and Accountant.
- Proven excellent organizational skills;
- Expert application of secretarial techniques;
- Expert use of MS Office;
- Able to deal effectively with multiple tasks and changing tasks and schedules;
- Comprehension and written and oral expression in English of minimum level "B2";
- Method, rigor, efficiency, quality and precision in the organization of work.
- Accustomed to a multi-cultural environment, and to working with a high-degree of transparency and in close interaction with colleagues;
Desired Skills and Competences
- Minimum three years in a similar role;
- Experience of administrative software in either public or private organizations;
- Experience of event management;
- Experience of international contexts;
- Paralegal Skills.
Special Personal Attributes required for the Position:
- Responsive, flexible, perseverant and at ease in interpersonal relations;
- Loyal, Reliable and Discrete personality;
- Candidate must have interest in being part of a team and collaboratively working to build the EMBRC-ERIC;
- Availability to occasionally work beyond normal hours and travel.
Competitive salary, commensurate to titles and experience (indicative net salary 20-24K€ per year). A benefit package will be offered, including health insurance and public transportation subsidy.
- 2-years contract with 6-month probation and possibility of renewal;
- Overtime may be required to meet activity deadlines;
- EMBRC-ERIC is an equal-opportunity employer, actively supporting the development of their staff.
Prepare your application as one single PDF document, in English, containing a copy of your CV and the name of two references, with a short cover letter explaining your interest in this position and how you could contribute. Enclose this document in an email message, with subject: "EMBRC Administrative Assistant"; addressed to: email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until the 24th of August 2018. The position will start on the 1st of October 2018.