Summary of the Role:
The Marine Institute, as partner in the COMPASS Partnership, has been awarded funding under the Interreg VA area project to develop cross-border capacity for the monitoring and management of Marine Protected Areas (MPA) & species. The Marine Institute wishes to recruit a research scientist at Post-Doctoral level for a period of up to three and a half years, who will have a central role in implementing the research project along with the project team. The role will involve:
- Procuring, operating and deploying oceanographic sensors and other equipment;
- Developing and carrying out a water sampling programme;
- Chemical analysis to complement and verify sensor results;
- Undertaking Ocean Acidification vulnerability study for project MPAs;
- Data management, quality assurance and assessment;
- Preparing reports, publications, and other relevant project outputs; and
- Day to day coordination of the project to ensure the deliverables and milestones are achieved.
The research will be primarily based in the Marine Institute facility at Rinville, Oranmore, Co. Galway with regular sampling from inshore vessels.
A detailed job description can be downloaded here.
Duration of Contract:
This temporary specified purpose contract of employment is funded under Interreg VA programme and will run for a duration of up to three and a half years. The successful candidate will be on probation for the first six months of this contract.
How to Apply:
A C.V. and letter of application, summarising experience and skill set applicable to the position should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to Human Resources at the Marine Institute, Rinville, Oranmore, Galway. All correspondence for this post should quote reference MEFSS/Post-Doc_COMPASS/Oct 2017
Closing date for applications. All applications for this post should be received by the Marine Institute in advance of 5pm on Monday 30th October 2017. Please note that late applications will not be accepted.
The Marine Institute is an equal opportunities employer.