The successful candidate will be required to carry out mine closure liability assessments, develop mine closure strategies and plans. In addition to this the candidate will be required to identify and calculate mine closure costs.
- Develop mine closure strategies, plans, policies and procedures.
- Carry out a gap analysis on the clientfs mine closure strategy and provide a report on the findings.
- Provide advice and guidance to the client in terms of the implementation of the mine closure plan.
- Effectively carry out project administration on closure related projects using the organisationfs methodology and principles to ensure that the projects are delivered on time, within budget and against our quality standards.
- Develop and implement mine closure project plans, in consultation with client, to guide decommissioning and restoration/rehabilitation activities.
- Calculate mine closure costs that satisfy regulatory requirements as well as provides a management framework for our clients to manage the costs of construction and operational phases of the mine.
- Conduct audits and reviews in terms of the clientfs mine closure plans and assessments.
- Evaluate and monitor the mine closure plans throughout the various stages of the mine life.
- Develop alternative mine closure measures to remediate the impact of the selected mine development.
- Build and maintain relationship with internal and external stakeholders.
- BSc. Engineering/Environmental Science or similar.
- MSc. Degree would be beneficial.
- Certificate in GIS would be beneficial.
- Experience with Model Maker Systems would be beneficial.
- Must have a valid driverfs licence.
- Five or more years experience in a similar role.
- Preferably experience within a consultancy environment.
- Project management experience with regards to mine closure related projects.
- Previous experience working on international projects.
Knowledge and practical experience working with the following:
- Mine Closure Calculations;
- Volemetric rehabilitation calculations;
- ArcGIS 10;
- Google Earth Pro;
- Technical report writing which is understandable by various stakeholders;
- Mine Closure strategies and plans;
- Read and understand engineering designs and associated plans;
- Strong understanding and practical implementation of the MPRDA, NEMA and other applicable environmental legislation; and
- Mine closure audits and monitoring.
- Strong numerical ability;
- Ability to work independently as well as within a multi-disciplinary team;
- Excellent communication skills (Both verbal and written);
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to handle stressful situations;
- Strong customer-orientation;
- Strong analytical problem solving skills and experince;
- Excellent ability to manage onefs time and meet tight deadlines;
- Excellent organisation skills;
- Willingness to travel internationally;
- Ability to manage and deliver on multiple projects and tasks running concurrently; and
- Ability to build and maintain a strong network of relationships
In order to ensure SUSTAINABILITY in our environment and our business this role will be required to live and uphold the following values:
- Demonstrating INTEGRITY and HONESTY at all times;
- Acting in a PROFESSIONAL manner;
- Working together as a TEAM;
- Demonstrating CARE;
- Delivering FLEXIBLE and PRAGMATIC solutions;
- Demonstrating PASSION; and
- Being FUTURE FOCUSED.
An all-inclusive remuneration package will be on offer. Applicants need to be prepared to undergo a complete psychometric evaluation as part of the selection process. Short listed candidates will be required to authenticate information provided in their CVs. The closing date for applications is 30 September 2019.
Applicants are requested to submit a detailed CV to email@example.com.
If you have not been contacted within 14 days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Note: In accordance with the Companyfs Employment Equity requirements, preference will be given to Employment Equity candidates.