EIT RawMaterials (http://eitrawmaterials.eu
), an initiative of the European Institute of
Innovation and Technology, is the largest and strongest consortium in the raw materials sector
worldwide. Its vision is a Europe where raw materials are a strength. EIT RawMaterials unites
more than 100 partners from industry, research and academia, from more than 20 European
countries. They collaborate on finding new, innovative solutions to improving the raw materials
sector along the entire value chain - from extraction to processing, to recycling and reuse. EIT
RawMaterials partners have more than 700,000 employees and revenue in excess of EUR 200
The activities of EIT Raw Materials are managed by regional Co-Location Centres (CLC) based in
Espoo (FI), Leuven (BE), Luleå (SE), Metz (FR), Rome (IT), Wroclaw (PL) and the Headquarters in
Berlin (DE). The Northern Co-Location Centre covers the countries Sweden, Norway, Denmark
The Northern CLC countries are all top positioned at the Global Innovation Index with resilient
eco-systems, effective national innovation policies for development and strong entrepreneurial
cultures. The innovation eco-systems related to the Northern CLC mainly provides excellence in
Primary resources as: 1) Exploration, mining, mineral processing and metallurgy, 2) Equipment,
tooling and machinery for mining, mineral and metal producing industry, 3) implementation of
ICT-solutions for the Raw Material sector (process automation and optimization) and 4)
Advanced practices related to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Green Mining.
To reinforce our efforts in education, we are looking for an experienced Education Officer who
will contribute to novel education initiatives and fostering innovation in raw materials and
Education Officer (m/f) Northern Co-Location Centre (CLC) of EIT
This position has two areas of responsibility:
Coordinating and guiding the education activities led by the Northern CLC partners with focus on consortium partners while supporting and ensuring smooth cooperation across the whole EIT RawMaterials organisation.
Central, thematic mandate:
- Supporting primarily Northern CLC partners in developing educational activities and build long term collaborations within EIT RawMaterials, as e.g. through events and project proposals for submission in a consortium wide competitive process of funding through a number of activities, including:
- Evaluating regional industry needs regarding skills & competencies of their current and future workforce, in conjunction with industrial partners
- Being the main contact for all Northern CLC education project partners. This includes supporting and monitoring progress, performance and budget of projects and trouble-shooting, when necessary
- Supporting introduction of entrepreneurship and innovation elements in education
- Developing and executing a strategy with reference to the EIT RawMaterials consortium activities, focusing on the needs of needs of EIT RawMaterials' partners in the region in relation to the educational landscape of the regions
- Stimulating and facilitating dialogue and activities between local and regional/international partners in the areas of higher education, schools, professional development
- Identifying educational needs and activities related to technological developments
- Fostering cooperation between higher education institutions, industry and research organisations through education programs
- Supporting Northern CLC partners with administration and reporting of project funding.
Leading on the development and implementation of the entire
organisation's specific education portfolio (to be defined according to organisations' needs and
candidate's skills), incl.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate
- Contributing to the development and implementation of the RawMaterials Academy together with the Education Officers in the other CLC's and the Education Director
- Reporting to the Northern CLC Manager, and for some tasks, to the EIT Education Director, based in the organisation's headquarters in Berlin
What we offer
- At least Masters Degree in Engineering, Natural Sciences, or Social Sciences with focus on Higher Education Pedagogics, Economics or another relevant field. PhD degree or equivalent is preferred.
- Additional minimum 3 years of experience in managing projects or programs, ideally in international context and diverse matrix organization(s) (business, universities) - experience with educational programs and / or raw materials sector will be considered an asset
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Knowledge of H2020 regulations
- Experience in teaching at Higher Education institutions is desirable.
- Good understanding of the higher education system in general, with focus on one or more of the Northern CLC countries of operation
- Good understanding of education offering and industry needs in order to drive and monitor broad range of education activities of the EIT RawMaterials in the Northern CLC region
- Network in the Northern European raw material sector and education ecosystem
- Solid business judgment, orientation for progress, practical application of technical solutions, broad, flexible and interdisciplinary thinking
- Openness and partnership/client orientation as well as the capacity for building alliances between industry, public sector, research, education and other stakeholders with relevance for innovation
- Ability to problem-solve, excellent project management; communication and interpersonal skills with team working ability; efficient meetings management and organization, and facilitation of groups in workshops or conference formats; high work ethic, proactivity and autonomy in work organization, coordination and discipline, flexibility and ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities
- Positive attitude towards the task / role and enthusiasm in order to create value for raw materials sector and achieve desired results and impact
- Office computer skills
- Understanding or strong interest of EU policies related to education and entrepreneurship in education is a plus.
- Work in the largest consortium in the European raw materials sector spanning across 22 EU countries
- Being part of a Pan-European network of industry, R&D and academia participants
- Participating in creating a new entity with entrepreneurial environment and being able to influence shaping of a new corporate culture
- Good compensation package, opportunity to work on innovative ideas and breakthrough projects within an international environment
You will be employed by the EIT RawMaterials North AB but the base for your location is negotiable. This position requires regular travelling (at least 30% of the time) to different EIT RawMaterials locations and partners across Europe.
We encourage a gender and diversity balance in our CLC team.
How to apply
Please apply by sending your CV (maximum 2 pages) and a one page cover letter in English
outlining how your skills and experience meet the requirements by February 28th 2018
- Updated On: 30-Jan-18
- Closing Date: End-Feb 18
- Address: 1 Luleå Science Park 1, Luleå, 977 75, Sweden
- Number of Positions: 1
- Functional Area: Technology and Education
- Education Level Required: Academic Degree, minimum Master of Science or Engineering
- Tags: cooperation with industry and research organizations through education, Education, education strategy, educational landscape, EIT, Evaluate regional needs, flagship school programs, fluency in English, higher education, Knowledge Triangle, liaise with stakeholders, monitor progress and performance, needs of the raw materials sector, professional development, Raw Materials, RawMaterials Academy, skills and competencies of current and future workforce, stimulate and facilitate dialogue
- Job Reference: Education Officer at the EIT RawMaterials North AB, the Northern CoLocation Centre of EIT RawMaterials.
- Employer: EIT RawMaterials North AB
- Contact Person: Per Storm, firstname.lastname@example.org