For the Institute of Applied Geosciences at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology in the Geochemistry and Economic Geology Group, we invite applications for a
The Geochemistry and Economic Geology Group came recently under the guidance of Prof. Dr. Jochen Kolb. We are a small group of research and technical staff, who wish to develop strong and visible research in the fields of geochemistry and economic geology within the Institute for Applied Geosciences. The main field of research is hydrothermal mineral systems in metamorphic terranes with a focus on hypozonal orogenic gold deposits, which we would like to strengthen with this new position.
Your tasks are:
- to conduct research, preferable in the field of "orogenic gold deposits" or, alternatively, in hydrothermal ore deposits in high-grade metamorphic terranes;
- to publish in international peer-reviewed journals and present research results at scientific meetings;
- teaching undergraduate and graduate courses (in German after 2 years);
- to develop an own research portfolio and research group with PhD, Master and undergraduate students within the geochemistry and economic geology group;
- to generate multidisciplinary collaborations nationally and internationally and to apply for research grants from public funds and industry.
Your qualifications are:
- MSc and PhD degree (or equivalent) in geosciences with a focus on economic geology or metamorphic petrology and structural geology with research interests in hydrothermal processes in the deeper continental crust;
- proven track record in producing high quality publications;
- capacity for interdisciplinary and international teamwork and excellent communication skills.
We offer an attractive work place with modern state-of-the-art geochemical lab equipment (http://www.img.kit.edu/3506.php) and access to the world-class analytical pool of the KIT. The Institute of Applied Geosciences went through changes recently, which gives an interesting and challenging environment of new and modern scientific orientation, in which you have the chance to play a significant role. The research focus is widespread and centers on aquatic systems, climate, geothermal energy, geological engineering and reservoir geology.
Equal opportunity is an inherent part of our personnel policy. Therefore, we are particularly welcoming applications from qualified women. Disabled persons will be given preferential treatment in the case of equal qualification.
Applications should include a letter of motivation and the usual documents (CV, complete publication list, information on external funding, academic achievements and honours). Applications should be sent until 30.11.2016 to Mrs. Friedrich, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Institute for Applied Geosciences, Geochemistry and Economic Geology Group, Adenauerring 20b, 76131 Karlsruhe, Germany, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. For information about the position, the institute and the research orientation of the group, please contact Prof. Dr. Jochen Kolb, email: email@example.com, Tel.: +49 (0)721 608 47356.
Further information: www.kit.edu.