Competence Development Engineer - Reliability
Job Ref No: 1105
Location: Middle East
Job Type: Expat
Very successful Oil & Gas operating company
Our client is seeking an experienced Reliability Engineer to support and develop the technical skills and knowledge of their field Reliability Engineers. The purpose of the role is to improve the effectiveness of the Field Reliability Engineer's through:
- Providing leadership, support & Reliability Engineering expertise and best practise.
- Monitoring & sustaining the professional development of each engineer in order to bring them to the required level of competency.
This position is coastal-based with approximately 50% of working time spent in the field.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage the Competence Based Development of the individual identifying the gaps.
- Putting in place and providing the required training and coaching to close the gaps.
- Provide a high level of visibility & support in the field.
- Coach the Field Reliability Engineers in the use of practical Reliability Engineering techniques to improve operational performance at their site, such as effective Root Cause Analysis.
- Coach the Field Reliability Engineers in Maintenance Best Practices and all aspects of Reliability Engineering.
- Supporting the development needs of approximately 20 staff.
- Ensuring the development needs of individuals are met within the constraints of company training facilities.
- Managing the training schedule in line with time at site and leave time.
- Getting others to deliver reliability improvements through systems, coaching and mentoring.
- Build supportive and constructive relationships with maintenance and production teams and their coordinators.
The following skills and experience are required:
- Tertiary qualifications in an Engineering discipline
- 15 years industry experience of which a significant portion has been spent in the Maintenance discipline.
- Expert knowledge and practical experience in the facilitation of Root Cause Analysis.
- Practical experience of "review & improve" processes such as Operational Reliability and Integrity, Improvement Process, Total Reliability - Maintenance Integrity Execution and Preventative Maintenance Optimisation.
- Broad knowledge and experience of Risk & Reliability Management methodologies.
- Extensive hands-on machinery knowledge (rotating & static)
- Excellent coaching skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to influence at all levels within the organisation.
Please contact Karyn Humphrys on +61 7 5493 5466 or email her via email@example.com
Serving the industry for over 20 years, MNA Global is a key recruitment link for both exceptional professionals and progressive companies in the Energy and Resource sectors.
View full portfolio of other MNA Global Jobs