Senior Petroleum Geochemist
Job Ref No:1155
Location: Middle East
Job Type: Expat
Successful E&P company
Our client requires an experienced Petroleum Geochemist to provide expertise and carry out specialist studies in geochemistry for oil and gas assets. The role requires close cooperation with other geological services, specialist teams and the Production Chemistry department. The majority of the work will be with the exploration evaluation and new opportunities teams and Petroleum Engineering development asset teams.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide specialist geochemical support and advice
- Plan, define, monitor, QC and close-out geochemical projects including budgeting and cost management.
- Identify geochemistry related problems and improvement opportunities and technologies.
- Conduct specialist studies as part of integrated projects, play a leading role in defining the scope and deliverables of such studies.
- Provide expert input in charge risk issues as part of exploration play framing and assessment
- Provide expert input for all production related geochemical issues, being field production / operation and/or enhanced oil recovery studies.
- Manage quality control of contractor specialist studies.
- Update and maintain geochemical databases and identify and drive improvements in data management of geochemical data.
- Maintain an effective communication with customers; report and present study findings on a regular basis; identify and discuss possible new projects.
- Interface with research laboratories and academia and support the introduction of new technology in support of business decisions.
- Contribute to coaching and skill development of staff and supporting on the job training for local national staff to help them develop the required skills.
- Meet HSE responsibilities and conduct business safely by identifying and mitigating key HSE hazards and risks in own area.
The following qualifications, skills and experience are required:
- University degree in Geosciences, petroleum engineering and/or chemical engineering preferably with specialization (MSc, PhD) in Petroleum Geochemistry.
- Minimum 8 years experience in the petroleum industry associated with subsurface fluid evaluation.
- Experienced in mud gas logging techniques and hydrocarbon fingerprinting techniques for exploration and production wells.
- Skilled in geochemical analytical and interpretation methods, and ability to integrate with other available subsurface data both at regional/basin and reservoir scale.
- Good understanding of source rocks, hydrocarbon maturation mechanisms and basin modeling/charge principles.
- Preference for working knowledge of Middle East stratigraphy, HC habitat and producing fields.
- Good understanding of exploration and development subsurface uncertainties and business issues/drivers.
- Able to champion new technology for example, prepare business case and secure proposal for trial and the development and dissemination of best practices.
- Innovative, able to manage demands and expectations from broad customer base and accept diverse opinions. Should also be comfortable working in an environment in which there is not always enough data and no clear right or wrong answers.
For further information and a confidential discussion please contact Karyn on +61 7 5493 5466 or email your queries to Karyn via email@example.com
Serving the industry for over 20 years, MNA Global is a key recruitment link for both exceptional professionals and progressive companies in the Energy and Resource sectors.