Senior Drilling Engineer
Job Ref No:1163
Location: SE Asia
Job Type: Staff Expat
Global oil and gas exploration and production company
The Senior Drilling Engineer will lead a team of Drilling Engineers and will be accountable for drilling engineering design and planning activities with the objective of delivering excellent performance during well execution
Key responsibilities will include:
- Supervise a team of Drilling Engineers to deliver well plans and programs in
- service of the LTP.
- The BOD for well projects.
- QA/QC on engineering well designs and detailed well planning to ensure compliance.
- Manage suppliers to obtain quality equipment and service to deliver well objectives.
- Drive continuous improvement in efficiency and cost through improvements in well designs and planning.
- Coach and mentor staff for development and improvement.
- Responsible for technical integrity of well plans to ensure fit for purpose application and reliability during the well life cycle.
- Ensure the integration between sub-surface, other disciplines and wells teams during the planning process.
- Identify and manage engineering improvement projects.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to HSSE in all activities.
- Review and ensure that engineering well designs incorporates and meets HSSE,
- OMS, WOP and Engineering standards and requirements.
- Lead and conduct incident reporting and investigation.
The following skills, qualifications and experience are required:
- Relevant degree or other qualification at an equivalent level or higher.
- Minimum of 12 years drilling engineering experience in various environments including remote locations.
- At least 5 years recent and successful experience in a very similar role to that described above.
- Previous experience working in and leading multi cultural teams.
- Experienced working with other discipline groups and coordinating work integration.
- Proven management/ leadership skills.
- Sound project management skills with proven track record for completing tasks and projects within time and budget and at a high level of quality and safety.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills
- Effective coaching and mentoring skills.
For further information and a confidential discussion please contact Mike Newton on +61 7 5493 5466 or email your queries to Mike via email@example.com
Serving the industry for over 20 years, MNA Global is a key recruitment link for both exceptional professionals and progressive companies in the Energy and Resource sectors.