Senior Completion Engineer
Job Ref No:1164
Location: SE Asia
Job Type: Staff Expat
Global oil and gas exploration and production company
The role of Senior Completion Engineer will lead a team of Completion Engineers and will be accountable for the completion engineering designs and planning activities required to drill wells. The objective of the role is to deliver excellent completion performance during well execution.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supervise a team of Completion Engineers to deliver well plans and programs.
- Responsible for the BOD for well projects.
- QA/QC on engineering well designs, procedures and detailed planning to ensure compliance.
- Manage suppliers to obtain quality equipment and service to deliver well objectives.
- Drive continuous improvement in efficiency and cost through improvements in well designs and planning.
- Coache and mentor staff for development and improvement.
- Ensure technical integrity of well plans to ensure fit for purpose application and reliability during the well life cycle.
- Ensure the integration between sub-surface, other disciplines and wells teams during the planning process.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to HSSE
- Review and ensure that engineering well designs incorporates and meets HSSE,
- OMS, WOP and Engineering standards and requirements.
- Leads and conducts incident reporting and investigation.
The following skills, qualifications and experience are required:
- Relevant degree or other qualification at an equivalent level or higher.
- Minimum of 12 years completion and well engineering experience in various environments including remote locations.
- At least 5 years recent and successful experience in a very similar role to that described above.
- Previous experience working in and leading multi cultural teams.
- Experienced working with other discipline groups and coordinating work integration.
- Proven management/ leadership skills.
- Sound project management skills with proven track record for completing tasks and projects within time and budget and at a high level of quality and safety.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills
- Effective coaching and mentoring skills.
For further information and a confidential discussion please contact Mike Newton on +61 7 5493 5466 or email your queries to Mike via email@example.com
Serving the industry for over 20 years, MNA Global is a key recruitment link for both exceptional professionals and progressive companies in the Energy and Resource sectors.