Principal Operations Geologist
Job Ref No: 1199
Job Type: Staff
Large operating company with significant conventional and unconventional assets. The company is engaged in an aggressive exploration and development program in order to deliver clean energy to the international and domestic markets.
Our client is seeking an experienced Operations Geologist to manage and support a highly regarded professional team.
The responsibilities for this role include:
- Manage and support a team of Operations Geologists to carry out geoscience activities associated with exploration and drilling
- Provide expert advice on the exploration, evaluation, development and exploitation of the Company's assets
- Manage exploration programs on CSG wells and oversee exploration programs on conventional wells
- Conduct geological evaluation of farm-in opportunities as well as operated and non-operated ventures
- Assist to negotiate commercial contracts with third party providers ensuring valid contracts are in place for all geoscience services
- Plan logging programs ensuring exploration, appraisal and development plans are satisfied.
- Evaluate new tool technology and plan implementation
- Manage the coordination of well testing program
- Manage the coordination of well sampling (core, cuttings, formation fluid, gas log) programmes
- Assist in the management of geophysical surveys
- Manage external consultants as required
- Undertake general geological quality control and support.
The following skills, experience and qualifications are required:
- Degree or higher in a Geoscience discipline
- Broad exposure to oil and gas operations
- Substantial experience in an Operations Geologist role in either conventional or unconventional oil and gas
- Experience working with coal seam gas is highly desirable
- Effective leadership and coaching skills
- Effective communication skills
- Strong project management skills.
For further information please contact Karyn Humphrys on +61 7 5493 5466 or email your queries to Karyn via firstname.lastname@example.org
Serving the industry for over 20 years, MNA Global is a key recruitment link for both exceptional professionals and progressive companies in the Energy and Resource sectors.
View full portfolio of other MNA Global Jobs