Senior Production Chemist - Cementing
Job Ref No: 1210
Location: Middle East
Job Type: Expat
Oil & Gas operator company
Our client is seeking an experienced Production Chemist with expertise in Drilling Fluids to provide technical support to the asset teams to help deliver quality wells, maintain well productivity and extend the life of the wells.
Responsibilities will include:
- Deployment of effective subsurface chemistry activities in-line with agreed processes.
- Managing well fluids activities simultaneously in a number of rigs.
- Maintaining relevant interfaces across the organisation to ensure effective chemistry input into asset and corporate plans and activities.
- Management of contracts to support chemistry activities.
- Mentoring of junior chemists
- Chemistry input supporting well delivery within budget and technical objectives, well productivity meeting/exceeding expectations, maintenance of well productivity, water shut off activities.
- Capex and Opex expenditure within approved targets.
- Contracts expenditure and performance within approved targets.
- Identification and implementation of business improvement opportunities.
- Assist with the preparation of plans for the future to ensure the chemistry services are maintained to meet the business challenges.
The following skills, experience and qualifications are required:
- University degree in Chemistry or other relevant degree.
- 10 - 15 years experience in both technical and supervisory positions with significant exposure to cementing especial HTHP applications.
- Experience of dealing with Cementing and Drilling Fluids service companies.
- Contracts management experience.
- Awareness of HSE issues related to Cementing/Drilling Fluids and Production Chemistry. Knowledge of stimulation activities and associated tools and equipment.
- Well-developed multi-disciplinary skills, especially PE, and in-depth knowledge of laboratory management.
- Ability to instigate and conduct field trials
- Prior experience of technical and HSE incident investigation
- Well-developed management and communication skills.
- Good inter-personal skills
- Excellent English and Report writing ability
For further information and a confidential discussion please contact Karyn Humphrys on +61 7 5493 5466 or email your queries to Karyn via email@example.com
Serving the industry for over 20 years, MNA Global is a key recruitment link for both exceptional professionals and progressive companies in the Energy and Resource sectors.