Job Ref No: 1259
Location: Middle East
Job Type: Staff
A large and successful oil and gas operating company with extensive producing assets in the Middle East. Excellent employee facilities and the location is regarded as the country of choice by most expats with experience in the region.
Our client is seeking an experienced Petroleum Geochemist to provide specialist studies in geochemistry for oil and gas exploration and production assets in close cooperation with other geological services and specialist teams associated with the production chemistry department.
The key focus of the role will be to:
- Apply geochemistry to an incredibly large and varied hydrocarbon maturation portfolio ranging from frontier exploration of unconventional gas and oil plays to mature fields under secondary or tertiary EOR schemes
- Participate in a wide variety of geochemistry services spanning source rock analysis and fluid fingerprinting in almost all possible geological settings, from clastic to carbonate to salt/evaporates environments
- Identify and introduce fit-for-purpose new technologies, champion appropriate research through links with educational institutions and by attending appropriate international forums and conferences
- Guide and mentor staff, including organising and contributing to training workshops and courses
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams and across cultural boundaries.
The following skills, experience and qualifications are required:
- University degree in Geosciences, Petroleum engineering and/or chemical engineering preferably with specialization (MSc, PhD) in Petroleum Geochemistry
- A minimum 7 years experience in petroleum industry associated with subsurface fluid evaluation
- Experienced in mud gas logging and hydrocarbon fingerprinting techniques for exploration and production wells
- Skilled in geochemical analytical and interpretation methods and ability to integrate with other available subsurface data both at regional/basin and reservoir scale
- Good understanding of source rocks, hydrocarbon maturation mechanisms and basin modelling/charge principles
- A strong analytical mind and real enthusiasm for technical investigations
- Good interpersonal skills and the potential to lead and manage a technical team
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
For further information and a confidential discussion please contact Karyn Humphrys on +61 7 5493 5466 or email your queries to Karyn email@example.com
Serving the industry for over 20 years, MNA Global is a key recruitment link for both exceptional professionals and progressive companies in the Energy and Resource sectors.
View full portfolio of other MNA Global Jobs