Project Engineer sought with Construction
£23,000 to £30,000 (depending on experience) + range of benefits + relocation package if required
Our client is a specialist engineering company that manufactures solutions for vibration, thermal and levelling applications in the construction, industrial and power sectors across the world. Their aim is to produce sustained, profitable growth and generate industry wide respect through innovative customer led product development, high quality and excellent customer service.
They are seeking to appoint a Project Engineer to undertake and support technical sales projects from initial enquiry through to delivery and installation.
Projects will generally relate to vibration isolation of building structures and industrial equipment (floating floors, structural bearings, acoustic pads, etc.) but may vary depending on the project requirements.
Key functions & Responsibilities:
- Technical assistant to Sales Director
- Technical review and entry of enquiry information (drawings, specifications, general information).
- Develop technical solutions using standard performance calculators
- Develop and optimise technical calculators & costing templates
- Review and preparation of technical sales and tender (contracting) proposals
- Internal coordination of large sales projects
- Track and develop sales opportunities / prospects
Applicants should be able to demonstrate the following experience, skills, and aptitudes:
- Ambitious and passionate about learning - both for your own experience and about the science and engineering behind the company's activities
- Ability to interpret construction / engineering drawings and an understanding of how concrete and steel buildings are designed and constructed
- Up to date use of engineering & mathematics
- A high level of competence in Microsoft EXCEL including formulas and formatting
- 2d AutoCAD drafting preferred
- Good general IT skills and reasonable typing speed
- Good commend of written and spoken English plus other languages if possible
- Commercially astute especially within the construction industry
- Problem solving aptitude & quick uptake of concepts
- Good planning and organisational ability with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to travel if required
Qualifications needed: 2:1 Degree (or similar) qualification in Structural or Mechanical Engineering with proven experience within the construction industry.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing business. For the right applicant, the role can provide scope to build a successful career in the construction industry, with promotion based on achievement and options to travel and work overseas long-term.
To apply for this position please e-mail your CV quoting Job Reference JMAC82249/EW to: email@example.com
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who possess current, valid documentation to work in the United Kingdom.