Principal Mining Hydrogeologist
Up to £50,000 + Car Allowance + Pension + Private Health + Life Assurance + other benefits
Our client, a multi-disciplinary Engineering consultancy is looking for a Principal Hydrogeologist to lead and manage the hydrogeological and environmental aspects of existing projects on behalf of mining, water supply, contaminated land, environmental, and regulatory clients.
As a Principal Hydrogeologist you will be expected to develop good relationships with clients, win new business and take responsibility for project delivery. The existing team contains experts in a number of innovative hydrogeological areas and this position not only provides the opportunity develop experience in a wide range of hydrogeological projects, but also to gain new skills and hydrogeological knowledge on exceptional projects. As such this position offers the potential for strong career growth for enthusiastic and self-motivated candidates.
Candidates need to demonstrate experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams and leading and managing hydrogeological & environmental assessments. Experience of working in Consultancy within the Mining sector is essential for this role. The position is primarily in support of UK clients but support of international projects will be required from time to time.
Key skills, experience and qualifications sought:
- Excellent presentation skills (written and oral)
- Familiar with the regulatory, business and policy environment across a range of businesses (in particular the mining sector)
- The ability to develop and maintain long term relationships with clients
- Extensive experience of hydrogeology and groundwater resources
- Experience of technical management of projects and teams
- Mentoring and developing the skills of team members
- Chartered Geologist or equivalent alternative international accreditation (e.g. EurGeol)
- MSc in Hydrogeology
To apply for this position please e-mail your CV quoting Job Reference JMAC50098/EW to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who possess current, valid documentation to work in the United Kingdom.