Principal Acoustic Engineer
£35 to £45k (dependent on experience)
Our client is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced Principal Acoustic Engineer to work their Acoustics team on a permanent basis.
Working on a variety of multi disciplinary projects ranging from environmental statement chapters for urban extensions and large mixed-use developments, to standalone noise reports for a range of developments types (including residential, commercial, retail, recreational, tunnel schemes and mixed use developments).
- Preparation of reports and technical documentation for projects
- Preparation of fee proposals and bids and contribution to team marketing initiatives
- Project management of Acoustics briefs, including definition of scope and management of project and commercial risks
- Surveys / reports, calculations, etc.
- Detailed checking of noise models created by other team members in accordance with the company's QA procedures
- Review of reports, technical documents and other correspondence drafted by other team members
- Mentoring and training of junior staff
You must be a positive and enthusiastic team player who has a Degree or equivalent qualification in Acoustics, along with Member or Associate member status of the Institute of Acoustics.
Other key attributes required:
- Self-motivation, with the ability to work on own initiative
- Experience in assessment of environmental noise for planning applications, and EIA, nuisance etc.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to undertake calculations for acoustics projects
- A proven track record in delivering acoustics reports which communicate clearly so that recommendations are understood
- Experience of managing projects - including liaison with the client and other team members
- Computer literacy in MS Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience of SoundPlan noise modeling software and ODEON sound modeling software is desirable.
- Competency and flexibility to meet the demands of the role
This is a permanent position, offering excellent career progression along side a competitive salary and flexible benefits package, which includes contributory pension plan, profit related bonus and flexible benefits allowance.
To apply for this position please e-mail your CV quoting Job Reference JMAC76641/EW to: email@example.com
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who possess current, valid documentation to work in the United Kingdom.