Senior Business Planning Strategist
Job Location : The Gulf States
Due to expansion in activities and recent asset acquisitions, an International Energy Company is seeking to resource a Senior Business Planning Strategist who wil be assigned to the Gulf States
Summary of Role
- To work with International Asset teams and assume responsibility for assisting in the process of undertaking economic evaluations for the Company's existing assets and potential new opportunities and manages the reserves process for the company.
Strategic Management & Portfolio Management:
- Provide support to the company Strategy and portfolio management review.
- Maintain a database of market intelligence and current knowledge of the key competitors in oil and gas markets, industry and market trends, commodity prices
- Ensure that the outcomes of the corporate strategy are reflected in the medium term plans and update the company strategy when required.
- Coordinates with other business units to generate the Company's Business Plan, by monitoring the preparation of the financial and technical inputs of the plan document and analyses the business results/forecast.
Petroleum Economics / Economic Analysis
- Ensure quality compliance and lead all efforts aimed at validating, administering, maintaining and updating Company's economic models and corporate database.
- Lead all efforts of the Corporate Planning department by assessing new business opportunities.
- Lead development and implementation of yearly business plan process in collaboration with all functional and regional teams
- Facilitate and assess the economic analysis for the assets and the opportunity included in the yearly strategic plan to ensure that a consistent methodology and economic variables have been used in order to allow aggression and comparison.
Systems & Processes:
- Advise on the risk / return trade off of potential development / investment opportunities and their impact on the company portfolio taking in account both long and short term objects.
- In conjunction with the Reserve Committee, develops the criteria for conducting internal audits, and then schedules and ensures the conduct of the audits and maintains the records of all internal and external reserve audits.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate in Commerce / Accountancy / Petroleum Engineering / Economics
- At least 10 years recent, related experience within the oil and gas industry in Corporate Planning Function
- Knowledge of Laws and Regulations affecting the petroleum industry and economic analysis techniques
- Strong knowledge of upstream business processes
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem-solving skills and demonstrated experience in decision analysis and economic modeling, preferably within the oil and gas industry.
The appointee will be invited to join the expatriate staff payroll on long term residential contract (married or single status). The importance of this key role will be reflected in the generous salary and expatriate benefits which includes end of service benefit, child education assistance, company car, accommodation to a high standard, medical cover for self and family, etc.
Interviews : As soon possible
Please forward detailed copy of CV with contact telephone number home in domicile country by email (as an attachment in Microsoft Word Format) to AMA Energy Management Recruitment Consultancy, UK Tel: +44 (0)1189 465 882, Recruitment email: email@example.com. On receipt of your response a detailed job specification / client information will be provided. Quote Ref: AD141