Petrophysicist - Accelerated Development Program
Location: Houston, Texas
BP is seeking science, geoscience and engineering professionals with oil and gas industry experience to join a development program in petrophysics. Specifically, the successful candidate will have:
- a graduate or higher level degree or equivalent, demonstrable experience in Geoscience, Physics or Engineering, and
- a solid foundation/skillset in subsurface or engineering as a result of work experience in the oil and gas industry. Experience in wireline log data acquisition and formation testing would be highly advantageous.
The Accelerated Development Program ( ADP) Petrophysicist will join a global development program which will, through a blend of training and work experience, allow her/him to cultivate high-end petrophysical skills. This individual will become part of a growing, respected and forward-thinking petrophysical community within BP.
Additional information: We are seeking to fill a small number of positions in BP locations around the world.
The ADP Petrophysicist will be located in an asset team and will work, with assistance from an experienced petrophysicist, on asset petrophysical projects. In addition she/he will be part of a two-year structured development program. This program will encompass many opportunities, including:
- an elevated level of classroom training and e-learning,
- core analysis laboratory work, and
- wellsite operations to acquire wireline and other petrophysical data.
Each ADP Petrophysicist will be required to complete an approved petrophysical project based on an aspect of her/his asset work. Upon successful completion of the two-year program, the ADP Petrophysicist will have industry-leading petrophysical skills and will be a member of the highly-valued and growing BP petrophysics community.
A graduate or higher level degree in science, geoscience or engineering or equivalent, demonstrable experience is required.
Essential experience includes:
- Work experience within the oil or gas industry in either a geoscience or engineering discipline.
- Strong numeracy, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Well-developed communication and teamworking skills.
- A strong interest and commitment to a career in petrophysics.
BP is an equal opportunity employer.