Getech Group plc, a leading independent exploration consultancy is looking to hire a graduate level geophysicist with strong analytical and problem-solving skills to undertake roles involving processing of its industry leading data sets. Working initially on a project involving the processing and analysis of satellite data, the role will suit a geophysics or physics graduate with a strong maths or physical sciences background.
The role, reporting to the Head of Gravity and Magnetic Solutions will include:
- Downloading, reformatting and editing of satellite derived altimeter data
- Processing of satellite data to gravity data using Getech's methodologies
- Development and modifications of scripts and computer programs to address the challenges of processing complex data sets
- Digitising, validating and processing of gravity and magnetic data sets to enhance Getech's global database
- Assist the Project Manager in contributing to the production of technical materials and participation in project meetings
CORE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in Geophysics, Physics or Maths required, Master's degree in Geophysics preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- A passion for technical problem solving
- Excellent programming and scripting skills - ability to adapt to different programming languages
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team, in order to meet project deadlines
- A positive and flexible manner
- A team player with an inclusive and collaborative approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to command the respect of colleagues and clients
- Knowledge of specialist software for potential fields geophysics preferred
The role is based at our office in Leeds, UK, and is offered initially on a 6-month fixed-term contract with the possibility of extension. We offer a competitive salary and excellent staff benefits, including 26 days holiday (pro rata) and flexitime.
To apply please email a covering letter, along with your CV to email@example.com. The closing date for applications is Friday 6th December at 12 noon.
Only applicants with a right to work in the UK will be considered.