Location: Bristol, UK
Working pattern: Full time / permanent or temporary could be considered.
Horizon Geosciences provides comprehensive geophysical survey and geotechnical investigation services to the offshore industry to support every stage of the development of offshore and nearshore facilities. Headquartered in the United Arab Emirates, and working through our regional network of offices the Company offers our full range of services around the world.
To join our expanding UK office in Bristol, the role requires a candidate experienced in tendering and commercial management to a mid / senior level, preferably with a background in offshore geophysical, geotechnical or marine investigations, who can assist with the production of tenders, review of contracts and support with prequalification documents.
The responsibilities for this role include:
- Logging invitations to tender or for prequalification
- Working on the development, presentation and implementation of commercial and technical proposals and or pre-qualifications
- Involvement in client clarification meetings
- Contract review and negotiation
- Preparation of cost models using existing excel templates
- Assisting with the coordination of the timely response to tenders or prequalification
- Assist in collating relevant data and information
- Managing external online tender notices
- Manage bid portfolio
The following qualifications, experience and skills are required:
- A relevant degree in geophysical / geotechnical / marine sciences or similar
- A minimum of 4 year's experience
- Proven track record with knowledge of geophysical / geotechnical or marine investigations techniques would be desirable
- An excellent working knowledge of tendering processes
- Strong commercial acumen and contractual awareness
- Excellent communication skills and ability to liaise effectively with others
- Proven ability to be a strong team player
- Highly self-motivated, self-disciplined and having the ability to work to tight deadlines
- High standards of attention to detail, quality and accuracy
- First rate time management, planning and organisational skills
- Computer literate to an intermediate or advanced level, including knowledge of MS Word; Excel; and MS Project
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
To apply, please send a cover letter outlining your experience to date and motivation for applying for this role together with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with Proposals Engineer / Specialist in the subject line.
Applicants must be in possession of valid documentation allowing them to work in the UK.
No agencies please