The Present and Future of GeoPrediction
Ikon Science Ltd, the global geoscience technology company, has 11 locations worldwide including London, Houston, Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta, Perth and Calgary. Ikon provides software & solutions to the energy industry - developing & delivering RokDoc® software, QI Solutions, GeoPressure Consultancy & Roknowledge Studies, with a fresh & flexible scientific approach to create subsurface value.
The company is young, fun and very ambitious. The role will suit those happy to travel and develop their business and technical skills simultaneously. This is a good entry point into the company and industry for which there are numerous paths to follow into. Ikon is keen to develop individuals careers within the company architecture and develop them into successful E&P geoscientists.
- You will report to the Global Geoscience Support Manager
- The role will be based in Surbiton (SW London)
- The remit is to provide technical support for the RokDoc suite of software. In due course delivering on-site support (& possibly technical sales demos) will be expected of the successful candidate. Furthermore, delivering software training may also become a requirement of the successful candidate.
- Those wishing to be considered for the role would ideally have some previous experience of providing software support for a G&G software vendor, or experience with RokDoc usage.
The Support Geoscientist duties include:
- Working in a team to answer client queries to a high technical standard
- Answering client phone calls on the dedicated Support phone line
- Adherence to the bug reporting process with full and followed-through workflow
- Assisting the Software Testing Team during critical phases of software release cycle
- Mentoring junior colleagues
- Providing on-site support to clients
- Assisting &/or leading software training courses
- Delivering technical presentations to clients
- Any other duties consistent with the role
- Ability to work in a small local team, yet being part of a large global team
- Excellent communication skills, especially written (email)
- Excellent presentation skills (for training & client demos)
- Able to generate new technical material suitable for client distribution
- Attentiveness to detail & responsive to client needs
- Previous [regular] RokDoc usage would be advantageous
- Previous [regular to occasional] Petrel usage would be advantageous
- Ability with Python would be desirable
- Knowledge of FlexNet licensing would be desirable
- Degree: BSc & preferably MSc (or PhD) in one of the following disciplines: Geology, Earth Sciences, Geophysics or Physics
- Previous experience in drilling (mud logging/LWD/MWD), seismic acquisition/processing, rock physics, seismic interpretation, seismic inversion, geopressure analysis, petrophysics are all considered relevant
- Experience in G&G software support considered desirable
- Experience with regular RokDoc usage considered desirable
Applicants must possess the legal right to work in the UK.
Our office is located in Surbiton (SW London).
If you feel you possess the attributes and experience required for the role and would like to apply, please send your CV with covering letter to email@example.com with the job title in the subject heading.
Due to the expected volume of applications, if you have not heard from us within 10 days of applying then please assume you have unfortunately not been selected for interview.