The Present and Future of GeoPrediction
Ikon Science Ltd, the global geoscience technology company, has numerous locations worldwide including London (Surbiton), Durham, Aberdeen, Houston, Calgary, Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta, Perth and Brazil. Ikon Science provides software & solutions to the energy industry - developing & delivering RokDoc® and iPoint software, QI Solutions, GeoPressure Consultancy & Studies, with a fresh & flexible scientific approach to create subsurface value.
- You will report to the Global Geoscience Support Manager.
- The role will be based in Surbiton (SW London).
- The remit is to provide technical support for the RokDoc suite of software. In due course delivering on-site support (& possibly technical sales demos) will be expected of the successful candidate. Furthermore, delivering software training may also become a requirement of the successful candidate.
- Those wishing to be considered for the role would ideally have some previous experience of providing software support for a G&G software vendor, or experience with RokDoc usage.
The Support Geoscientist duties include:
- Working in a team to answer client queries to a high technical standard.
- Answering client phone calls on the dedicated Support phone line.
- Adherence to the bug reporting process with full and followed-through workflow.
- Assisting the Software Testing Team during critical phases of software release cycle.
- Mentoring junior colleagues [in due course].
- Providing on-site support to clients.
- Assisting &/or leading software training courses.
- Delivering technical presentations to clients.
- Any other duties consistent with the role.
- Ability to work in a small local team, yet being part of a large global team
- Excellent communication skills, especially written (email)
- Excellent presentation skills (for training & client demos)
- Able to generate new technical material suitable for client distribution
- Attentiveness to detail & responsive to client needs
- Previous [regular] RokDoc usage would be advantageous
- Previous [regular to occasional] Petrel usage would be advantageous
- Ability with Python would be desirable
- Previous [regular] Sales Force usage would be advantageous
- Degree: BSc & preferably MSc (or PhD) in one of the following disciplines: Geology, Earth Sciences, Geophysics or Physics.
- Previous knowledge of, or direct experience of drilling (mud logging/LWD/MWD), seismic acquisition/processing, rock physics, seismic interpretation, seismic inversion, geopressure analysis, petrophysics are all considered relevant/desirable.
- Experience in G&G software support considered desirable.
- Experience with regular RokDoc usage considered desirable.
- Experience with cloud computing considered desirable.
Applicants must possess the legal right to work in the UK.
Our office is located in Surbiton (SW London).
If you feel you possess the attributes and experience required for the role and would like to apply, please send your CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject heading.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications expected, if you do not hear from us within 10 working days of your application, you must presume you have not been selected for interview.