OPC are looking for a Lead Geophysicist for our client based in London.
- Management of the overall geophysical programme and ensuring its fit with the project schedule and delivery
- To evaluate previous geological and geophysical interpretations and reports and literature relevant to project area, recommend and plan further work to achieve project objective.
- To interpret geological & geophysical data in the project area in order to achieve objective agreed with supervisor / To interpret geological & geophysical data in the project area in order to identify and define play concepts, geological models, facies distribution as well as define and evaluate prospects and leads
- To recommend reprocessing or acquisition of new geophysical data or special studies to contribute to achieve project objectives.
- Tasks include seismic interpretation, support for static model building, involvement with reprocessing planning and production of 4D technical feasibility and business cases
Education and experience
- Degree/MSc in Geophysics or similar
- 8 years plus experience with an operator
- Significant experience in field development
- Record of effective multi-disciplinary team working
- Sound basis in geophysics, interpretation depth conversion, fluid prediction, reservoir characterisation
- 4D knowledge and experience
- Familiarity with Landmark geophysical software suite
- Possess good interpersonal, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong team and inter-personal skills, as well as management and leadership skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skill required.
- Excellent analytical skills, high level of presentation skills, good interpersonal skills.
For more information or to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01224 329115