Oil company; Asia
Our client is the energy division of a private global investment group spanning a range of industries with a multi $billion asset base.
We have been retained to recruit an outstanding explorationist with drive, energy and entrepreneurial flair. Your role with be to provide geological inputs to prospect generation in operated & non operated acreage, potential farm-ins, new licensing rounds and acquisitions. You will coach juniors in the interpretation of regional geological data, incorporating palaeoenvironments, palaeogeographies and well data interpretations. The focus of your work will be the Indian subcontinent where you will ideally have (preferably but not essentially) gained working experience, or in similarly structurally complex plays. Most importantly you will be technically hands-on hands on with a strong geology background and 12-15 years track record gained with medium sized independent operators. We will be looking for proven experience in identifying and bringing prospects through to commercial production.
This will be a highly challenging role in a difficult thrust/fold-belt region and you will be given the remit to get on with the job, re-shaping and bringing forward the company's exploration and new ventures program.
- Contribute geological inputs to all prospect generation, interpretation, volumetric and evaluation work, both for existing acreage and in data-rooms for farm-in opportunities to grow the portfolio.
- Generation of new play ideas.
- Specifically provide sequence stratigraphic well correlations, facies maps for source, reservoir and seal, to generate risk segment maps, incorporating seismic data where appropriate, all in GIS reference frame.
- Contribute to prospect risking and ranking and provide reservoir parameters for volumetric assessments.
- Database co-ordination (openworks, GIS)
- Written and verbal reporting of technical studies to management, partners and Govt.
- Provide bid evaluations and recommendations for geological work.
- Technical coaching and guidance to juniors.
- Support geological excellence within the exploration team, including refinement of best practice workflows.
- Champion the sequence stratigraphic interpretation working environment in the company.
- Manage project to time and budget
- Presentation at TCM, OCM and MCM meetings as required and instructed.
- M.Sc or PhD in Geology or geology based Geoscience subject.
- 12+ years experience primarily in hydrocarbon exploration, specialising in regional play interpretation along with broad technical experience in hydrocarbon exploration.
- Extensive knowledge of petroleum geology, particularly in the understanding of palaeogeographies and able to integrate petroleum systems information into geological interpretations.
- Creative mindset , able to generate new ideas and play concepts.
- Work experience of structurally complex plays highly desirable.
- Able to complete volumetric risk assessments or prospects and generate well proposals.
- Significant experience with an operating oil company in essential, along with experience of drilling exploration wells to test prospects.
- Strong current workstation skills, including working in a 3-D visualization environment, and an ability to create maps of geological systems.
- Expertise in GIS and database management.
- General understanding of well planning process.
- Team player with an open and flexible approach.
- Excellent communicator and presenter.
- Commercially aware with entrepreneurial attitude.
- Willingness to travel.
In the 1st instance, please send your CV with availability and salary information to the following address: