You will be a seasoned reservoir engineer, with very broad ranging technical, managerial & commercial skills. This will include field development optimisation, acquisition opportunities screening and hands on technical management. Your experience will be broad and have covered assets in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Responsibilities and specific tasks
- At least 15+ years experience, ideally with an operator on both large and small field developments. Proven management and team leadership expertise.
- Experience in development engineering of clastic reservoirs from a grass roots level.
- Field depletion plans, - create robust development scenarios for fields: well types, number location, timing & capital costs forecast
- Experience of waterflood implementation, waterflood monitoring and waterflood best practices.
- Developed understanding of G&G, Petrophysics, well operations, production engineering and E&P Economics.
- Experience in PVT and special core analysis, reservoir characterisation and modelling.
- Familiar with the principles of production engineering - well design, completion, re-completion, down-hole metering, production data requirements for artificial lift and optimisation.
- Involvement in the management of engineering contracts.
- Participate/lead TCM,s Partner and Govt. meetings with overseas. Travel to sub-saharan Africa.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and spoken) combined with high quality report writing, able to write a competent persons report.
- Influencing and team collaboration skills, able to work within a small technical team and JV partners.
- Engineering and Geoscience applications experience with developed knowledge of one of the major industry Simulation packages (e.g. Eclipse, VIP etc )
- Demonstrable success as a reservoir Engineer, with proficiency in a broad range of reservoir engineering subjects.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Engineering degree preferably with chartered status
- 15+ years oil industry experience
- Operator experience, with large field development exposure (from early stage)
- Member of relevant professional institution
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and able to represent the company externally
- Ability to motivate others to ensure that the company's objectives are delivered - with the inter-personnel skills to listen to the views of others and capture good ideas.
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity in working in remote locations
- Strong team ethic in project management (cost, schedule quality and HSEQ) etc.
- Must be able to multi-task - able to wear several technical hats in a small team environment.
- Managerial/leadership skills with good level of written and spoken communication in English
- Knowledge of UK health safety and environmental legislation
This is a leadership appointment and as such the package on offer will reflect your
seniority and what you bring to the role.
To apply for this post, please send you CV and details of current package to Justin Barker the
following email address: email@example.com