Sugar Land, Texas
Manages the global relationship with an assigned supplier or group of local suppliers of a Center/Basin/Country portfolio, in accordance with the Category Management strategy. Represents the focal point of contact and ensures "one voice" with the assigned suppliers.
Responsibilities and Key Objectives:
- Sets performance objectives with assigned suppliers (cost reduction, lead time reduction, Quality improvement). Defines baseline, improvement targets and monitors progress through a regularly updated supplier scorecard.
- Prepares and leads regular management reviews (Scorecards with main performance indicators, strategic positioning evaluation, 3-year business perspectives, and strategic product/market developments).
- Reviews and consolidates internal demand provided by the Centers and arbitrates issues.
- Prepares for and manages negotiations in accordance with Group interests.
- Selects target tools/products and conducts total cost of integration analysis at tool/product level, including Price, Lead Time and Quality costs.
- Leads the supplier risk assessment and ensures regular updates.
- Communicates the supplier's strategy and all key events of the relationship to the Category, Sourcing, Supplier Quality teams, and Center Supply Chain Managers. Reports deviations to plan and takes appropriate action to correct direction.
- Participates in internal and supplier audits under supervision of the Supply Chain Center Manager/Geomkt
- Identifies opportunities and implements actions to continually reduce wasted time, money and resources from assigned tasks.
- Complies with all Schlumberger and local procedures applicable to the job function
- Employees may be assigned other duties in addition to, or in lieu of those described above, according to the needs of the location or Company.
- Bachelor Degree Mechanical Engineering.
- Preferred minimum experience of 5 years in Supply Chain.
- Ideal candidate has a MS and BS degree in Mechanical Engineering and a minimum of 5 years of experience in the engineering design and/or Mechanical Design plus supply chain experience.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Specific deliverables of the position
- Supplier analysis
- Price reduction and Cost savings targets
- Lead time and non-conformance improvement targets
- Supplier engagement strategy
- Supplier compliance reports
Key Performance metrics that relates to the job
- On time delivery
- Lead time improvement
- Non-conformance improvement
- Cost savings and price reductions
- Compliance rates
- Customer satisfaction
Competencies to be kept current:
- Interpersonal skills including
- High collaboration with others
- Managing Change
- Must have good Leadership and management skills
- Must be Analytical and structured and be able to influence change
To be considered for this role, you should already be authorized to live and work in the U.S.A. Please e-mail your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or call +1-713-357-9517 for further details. Thank you for your consideration.
About Scout Recruitment
As part of GTS Geotech Group, the largest independent provider of geotechnical support services to the upstream oil and gas industry in the UK, Scout was formed as a result of the direct request of a super major client to assist with their recruitment needs. With 14 years' experience successfully filling specialist vacancies, we look forward to helping fulfil your next requirement.
"The Preferred Recruitment Specialist to Oil & Gas Companies"
+44 (0)1483 698 419
+44 (0)1224 645 708
+31 (0) 70 250 0871
+1 713 357 9517