Responsibilities and Key Objectives:
- Implements sourcing plans with the goal of assuring specified quality, required delivery times and minimizing the total cost of the products and services.
- Documents performance to action plans and timelines for assigned sourcing projects.
- Selects a high-performance supply base for assigned portfolio, in accordance with short-list of preferred suppliers defined by Category Managers.
- Conducts RFI/Q/P (Request for Information/Quotation/information/Proposal) and bidding processes, minimizing risk and maximizing value in terms of quality, delivery and cost.
- Evaluates current and prospective suppliers through supplier reviews, site visits and audits, in coordination with Supplier Quality teams, to assure supply capabilities, on-time delivery, quality and service.
- Negotiates prices and terms with suppliers in order to meet specified quality, delivery and cost objectives.
- Executes contract negotiation and development in coordination with Sourcing Manager and Contract Specialists.
- Drives the parts and process qualification, in coordination with Supplier Quality teams.
- Works closely with Sourcing Manager or Sourcing Leader to guarantee supply for all portfolios.
- Effectively communicates with and maintains the highest degree of relations between the Company and all levels of supplier personnel.
- Builds strong relationships with internal customers in order to meet defined objectives.
- Identifies opportunities and implements actions to continually reduce wasted time, money and resources from assigned tasks.
- Complies with all Client, EMS and local procedures applicable to the job function.
- Employees may be assigned other duties in addition to, or in lieu of those described above, according to the needs of the location or Company.
Specific deliverables of the position:
- Compliance with sourcing plans.
- Effective supplier base including lead time, quality and cost improvements.
- Contracts and pricing agreements.
Key Performance metrics that relate to the job:
- Cost Savings
- % Managed Spend
- % Global Sourcing
- % Spend with Preferred suppliers
- Reduction of the numbers of Approved Suppliers
- BS Mechanical, Electrical, Supply Chain Engineer
- min 5yrs manufacturing experience
To be considered for this role, you should already be authorized to live and work in the U.S.A. Please e-mail your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or call +1-713-357-9517 for further details. Thank you for your consideration.
About Scout Recruitment
As part of GTS Geotech Group, the largest independent provider of geotechnical support services to the upstream oil and gas industry in the UK, Scout was formed as a result of the direct request of a super major client to assist with their recruitment needs. With 14 years' experience successfully filling specialist vacancies, we look forward to helping fulfil your next requirement.
"The Preferred Recruitment Specialist to Oil & Gas Companies"
+44 (0)1483 698 419
+44 (0)1224 645 708
+31 (0) 70 250 0871
+1 713 357 9517