Responsibilities and Key Objectives:
- Excellent problem analysis and resolution
- Knowledge of the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) principles and methodologies in IT helpdesk system is mandatory.
- Ability to manage disaster recovery and business continuity planning
- Prior experience supporting Active Directory, including admin console and local desktop policies
- Prior experience supporting Microsoft Exchange and email administration and user support
- Prior experience supporting Blackberry device configuration and user support
- Prior experience supporting Audio and Video Conferencing facilities
- Prior experience supporting Citrix, including Citrix farms and desktop client
- Prior experience of desktop and server systems running Windows operating system is highly required (for managing the networking infrastructure).
- Demonstrable experience of managing small to medium sized projects.
- Demonstrable skills in terms of managing 3rd party contractors.
- Demonstrate efficient coordination skills, being able to work on multiple projects in parallel, whilst being able to prioritise on-going work.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships across the rest of the Company.
- Ability to be flexible to adapt to the growing demands of the organisation.
- Must be organised and focussed on objectives. Attention to detail paramount and an ability to deliver in tight timescales.
- Ability to work to approved technical standards and designs.
- Self-management: prioritising workload and working under pressure
- Able to generate ideas and able to work in a team
- Ability to monitor performance and maintain SLAs
- Experience in developing standards, documenting procedures and supervising staff
- Exposure to Financial, Procurement and document management, (SharePoint) applications
- Ability to quickly understand the business aspects around the systems.
- Must have a good understanding of Change Management concepts.
- A good understanding of databases (SQL)
- Ability to travel to other areas where the Company operates.
- Oil & Gas background desirable.
- The candidate will have a bachelor's degree or equivalent in an engineering or computing discipline together with at least 10 years of relevant experience
- Strong IT technical skills are required and the recruit should possess excellent verbal and written skills.
- Relevant Professional qualification/certification would be an advantage
- Participate in Group IT steering and strategy development.
- To gather local user requirements and instigate continuous improvement of existing services (in conjunction with remote IT Groups), through the use of project planning and control principles.
- Measure and manage service activity identifying and reporting areas where improvement is required or alternative solutions need to be sought.
- To assist in the development of monitoring and reporting tools, in order to gauge the level of system performance.
- Maintain project awareness and coordinate with all concerned parties ensuring they are delivered to agreed time scales.
- Actively manage local vendor relations ensuring a positive beneficial relationship is maintained at all times.
- Specify and negotiate agreements with third party service providers and maintainers
- Facilitate procurement and finance processes ensuring all specifications are comprehensive and accurate.
- Actively maintain IT budgets with Houston business units and coordinate with Finance as required.
- Actively promote internal policies and procedures and ensure compliance at all times.
- Maintain a high level of communication with other IT groups ensuring there is an awareness of local business requirements and issues.
- To maintain up to date documentation and version control.
- Lead and coordinate Houston front line support service ensuring adequate response and resolution expectations are met at all time.
- Manage all IT desktop activities and front office support team
- Manage Connectwise Helpdesk system and ensures that all incidents are logged into the system and followed through to resolution
- Manage implementation standards for computer and network systems, to include standards for wiring, equipment, system security
- Ensure strong monitoring and maintaining of computer systems and networks
- Manage infrastructure components including network patching
- Manage troubleshooting of system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware and software faults
- Ensure network applications are run to support systems and users
- Manage the AVAYA PABX Telephony systems
To be considered for this role, you should already be authorized to live and work in the U.S.A. Please e-mail your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or call +1-713-357-9517 for further details. Thank you for your consideration.
About Scout Recruitment
As part of GTS Geotech Group, the largest independent provider of geotechnical support services to the upstream oil and gas industry in the UK, Scout was formed as a result of the direct request of a super major client to assist with their recruitment needs. With 14 years' experience successfully filling specialist vacancies, we look forward to helping fulfil your next requirement.
"The Preferred Recruitment Specialist to Oil & Gas Companies"
+44 (0)1483 698 419
+44 (0)1224 645 708
+31 (0) 70 250 0871
+1 713 357 9517