University of Sindh Jamshoro is the oldest university of Pakistan, established in 1947, It had emerged as a leading
educational and research institute in the province of Sindh and Pakistan.University of Sindh is aspiring to strengthen the fleet
of high caliber researchers to contribute and strengthen the research in the area of Oil and Gas in collaboration with Pakistan
Petroleum Limited (PPL) a market leader in Oil and Gas industry.
University of Sindh has signed an agreement with Pakistan Petroleum Limited Welfare Trust (PPLWT) for the establishment of
PPL Chair in the Centre for Pure and Applied Geology, University of Sindh, Jamshoro to promote the geoscientific research
activities, strengthen the quality of the academic programs offered by the Centre and advanced learning in the field of
The university is looking for a highly dynamic self-motivated and result oriented individual who could pursue a challenging
position on the PPL Chair.
- Establish credible teaching and research base in Geophysics with proactive interaction with academic and petroleum industry experts.
- Establish joint research projects of national interest in the field of Petroleum exploration and publish research work.
- Establish strong linkages with other local and international universities to enrich curricula and scope for academic degrees and research in Geophysics.
- Organize industry visits for students, arrange seminars/lectures, workshops andshort courses for faculty and the industry staffto transfer knowledge.
- Organize/participate in national/international conferences, scientific events and symposia.
- Provide professional consultancy where required.
- Coordinate with E&P companies for arrangements of MS/Ph.D projects for postgraduate students and provide guidelines to postgraduate students for internships with E&P Companies.
Qualification and Experience:
- Pakistani national with PhD in Geophysics from a recognized foreign university with distinguished record of accomplishments or a Master Degree holder in relevant field with 15-20 years industry/teaching and research experience in Petroleum Geophysics particularly seismic exploration technology with relevant professional training and research work.
- Minimum fifteen 15years of active teaching and research experience at university level or with a reputed research organization or industry.
- Must have background and exposure or experience in Seismic Exploration Technology.
- Minimum fifteen 15 research publications in journals of international repute in relevant field.
- Proven leadership ability with experience in project supervision, strategic planning & implementation.
- Capability to integrate undergraduate & graduate programs into industrial partnerships, while adding to existing strengths of the University.
- Strong research or industry background with clear evidence of individual & collaborative research or achievements.
- Strategic vision for developing Research Programs of international standard.
- Capability to organize/participate in technical conferences, seminars etc.
The University offers competitive salary package as per international market depending upon qualification/experience of
Duration & Place of Work:
The appointment will be made on purely contract basis and initially for the period of one year likely to be renewed
every year up to maximum three years, subject to satisfactory performance. The place of work would be the Centre for
Pure and Applied Geology, University of Sindh, Jamshoro.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are encouraged to send hard copy of their CV along with list of publication to the Registrar,
University of Sindh, Jamshoro,and also softcopy to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before December 20,
2016. Only short listed candidates will be called for an interview.