Our projects span the globe. We have an active international growth strategy to secure our place at the table with the world's leading oil and gas companies. At Woodside, we pride ourselves on sourcing and developing local talent. However, we also recognise that the oil and gas industry is global in nature and that to continue delivering world-class projects we must continue to source the best talent from around Australia and overseas.
About the role
As a Senior Geophysicist, you will be part of our London-based Exploration team and the broader Geoscience function.
In this role, you will use your technical expertise to interpret and integrate geological and geophysical data to identify and mature opportunities at basin, play and prospect scale. To contribute to Woodside's global growth ambitions, you will focus on Woodside's assets in the Porcupine basin, Ireland, initially before broadening to support global exploration opportunities.
As a senior member of the team you will use your excellent interpersonal skills to coach and mentor graduates and other team members to assist in building internal knowledge and technical expertise.
Duties and responsibilities
- Interpret technical data, evaluate resources and risk, prepare recommendations for drilling, acreage bids and farm-in offers.
- Propose and manage geoscience studies with appropriate internal and external service providers.
- Recommend and plan geological and seismic data acquisition.
- Help high-grade acreage in which to pursue new play concepts.
- High quality presentations of results and recommendations of own and team work to peers and management.
- Build and maintain mutually beneficial technical relationships with other Woodside functional and asset teams.
- Handle tasks efficiently while working cooperatively with team members.
- Mentor graduates and less experienced team members.
- Confidently and competently represent Woodside at Joint Venture and Regulator meetings.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum BSc (Hons) or MSc in Geology, Geophysics or related discipline.
- 10 years+ previous experience in Exploration.
- Extensive experience in 2D & 3D seismic interpretation and subsurface mapping, ideally using the Petrel platform.
- Prospect generation and evaluation through to risking and prospective resource estimation: experience of GeoX is desirable.
- Ability to work with sparse data and devise new play/prospect concepts in underexplored areas
- Advanced knowledge of: structural geology, clastic sedimentology, seismic stratigraphy, seismic attributes, velocity modelling.
- Experience working in multiple basins with exposure to a variety of structural styles and depositional settings preferred.
- Working knowledge of: quantitative interpretation, seismic processing, potential fields, borehole seismic, petrophysics, well log analysis, geochemistry, biostratigraphy, basic reservoir engineering.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships both internally and externally.
Recognition & Reward
- Career development through professional development programmes and through working alongside industry leaders
- Opportunities to undertake interesting work on world-class opportunities
- A values-driven environment where working together is key
- Financial rewards that are linked to performance through an annual bonus
Applications close Friday 23 March (11.59AWST timezone)