Title: Business Development Manager - Africa - WS/1005
Location: UK, Norway OR Africa
Job Status: Permanent
Interview Date: ASAP
Start Date: ASAP
Open To: EU Nationals, UK or Norwegian Work Permit Holders
An integrated geophysical Company offering seismic acquisition, processing and interpretation services is expanding and seeks a Business Development Manager to oversee seismic sales for their expanding proprietary survey business in Sub-Saharan Africa with a key interest in West Africa. Applicants are invited with a strong background in the seismic industry and proven sales or/and business development experience. This is a great opportunity to take on responsibility for regional sales in an extremely buoyant oil and gas seismic industry.
With a highly degree of experience in the seismic market the Company is aggressively pursuing opportunities across many regions and is undergoing rapid expansion. Their focus is to provide high quality datasets by using the latest available and internally developed technologies. This focus is supported by an experienced team that oversee the day-to-day testing, parameterisation and operations to ensure geophysical integrity. They currently operate a fleet of 2D and 3D seismic acquisition vessels deployed around the globe and are in the process of further developing their capacity in both seismic acquisition and processing. They offer clients a fully integrated service from marine acquisition, through processing to interpretation.
Responsibilities:Reporting to the Marketing & Sales VP for Proprietary Seismic Surveys, your key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Become competent in the use of the Company's technologies, workflows and practices.
- Identify existing and potential Clients - build and maintain strong, long-term business relationships with key decision players.
- Manage the full sales cycle: forecasting, account management, identification of stakeholders, regular reporting.
- Be proactive in promoting the Company's technical survey capabilities available within the region.
- Understand the client's survey requirements, challenges, budgets, and time constraints. Identify if additional services are required such as processing and interpretation of the acquired data.
- Develop and present a proposal detailing the survey plan and costing's etc. Agree terms and finalise the Agreement.
- Liaise with the Client throughout the survey, ensuring that a high level of satisfaction is maintained. Provide on-going status feedback.
- Monitor industry opportunities, competitors' activities and market conditions.
- Keep abreast of hydrocarbon licensing rounds within your region and identify potential clients for exploration surveys.
- Keep up to-date with all acquisition activities in your regions.
- Communicate effectively with internal management and staff.
- Attend relevant industry conferences to represent and promote the Company's survey business whilst raising the perception and reputation of the Company.
This is an exciting and challenging role as you will play a pivotal role in the growth of the Company's proprietary survey sales across Sub-Saharan Africa. As the Company grows in this region, you may find that you will have to recruit and manage additional personnel to support activities. You will have a great deal of autonomy, scope and support to deliver successful results. It is ideal for an individual with a strong sales/business development background and a good understanding of the seismic industry. Great career progression exists, working for a global Company that is a highly regarded and growing rapidly.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
- A Degree in a related Earth Science based subject preferred. Geophysics highly desirable.
- A minimum of 5 years oil and gas industry experience essential.
- Proven experience in managing business growth essential (either as Account Manager or/and Sales/Business Development Manager of geotechnical services, products or/and data).
- An understanding of the seismic industry essential - either from acquisition, processing or/and interpretation essential.
- Experience selling geophysical seismic data or surveys highly advantageous.
- Previous experience working in or selling to Sub Saharan Africa highly advantageous.
- Strong commercial acumen essential - the ability to analyse and identify market opportunities and develop and deliver successful projects.
- Relationship builder - ability to build strong networks across various cultures.
- Can work independently and also be an excellent team player, with the ability to work with all levels within the Company to accomplish goals.
- Excellent coordination skills - ability to coordinate with all stakeholders involved in a survey, the ability to multitask and coordinate across concurrent surveys.
- Creative and passionate - desire to exceed expectations.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills- the ability to liaise, listen and communicate with clients and third parties effectively.
- Drive and ambition to succeed within a fast growing Company
- Ambitious with high energy levels, drive and enthusiasm.
- Must be able to travel as required
Package: As Base Salary of £80K - £100K plus an attractive bonus plan is on offer dependent on skills and experience plus Company benefits. Potential for share options.
Applications for this job are accepted via www.working-smart.co.uk
To apply, go to the Web Site, Select ‘Candidates’ and ‘Review Jobs’. OR alternatively, you can forward your CV electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, detailing the job title and reference number. We would also suggest that you forward a Cover Letter focused on your experience in line with the requirements specified. Please detail which location you are interested in your Cover Letter.