Title: Sales Geophysicist - WS/1008
Location: UK - Cambridgeshire plus Travel
Job Status: Permanent
Interview Date: ASAP
Start Date: ASAP
Open To: EU Nationals or UK Work Permit Holders
A leading provider of specialist services in gravity and magnetic geophysics to oil exploration companies worldwide seeks a Sales Geophysicist to support sales of proprietary marine and airborne gradiometry surveys, processing and interpretation projects to the worldwide exploration industry. Applicants are invited with proven geophysical sales/business development expertise OR coming from a geoscience background (preferably in processing or/and interpretation) with a keen desire to move into this commercial role. You will be given full training and support in the Company's products, services and sales methodologies.
The Company offers a full range of products and services surrounding potential field geophysics to exploration companies. Services and products range from data acquisition, processing, integrated interpretation projects and multi-client data. The Company has been highly successful in demonstrating that significant geological information can be gleaned from gravity gradiometry, gravity and magnetic data in both frontier and mature exploration areas and the demand for these services continue to grow.
In this role, you will be the direct customer facing contact of the Company, promoting, proprietary acquisition surveys, processing and interpretation services to the worldwide exploration industry.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Vice President of Sales your key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Become competent in the Company's business, workflows and practices.
- Maximize sales of the Company's proprietary surveys, processing and interpretation services.
- Build close working relationships with clients - understand their technical and commercial requirements, their challenges and constraints.
- Establish yourself as the focal point for the Client within the Company.
- Arrange client sales calls and meetings.
- Liaise with Managers re the scoping of proposals in terms of technical content, pricing, timeframes…
- Prepare and present proposals and demonstrate the service offerings to clients.
- Negotiate contracts with clients and relevant third parties involved and close deals.
- Manage an effective handover from sales to operations.
- Liaise with the Client throughout the project service delivery - replying to queries and ensuring that a high level of satisfaction is maintained throughout.
- Be proactive in representing the Client's needs to help develop and improve the Company's products and services.
- Generate sales reports, statistics and analysis of business opportunities.
- Working closely with the marketing department to develop sales and marketing strategies. Assist in developing marketing materials (copy, press, brochures, case studies…)
- Provide support for technical presentations at exhibitions, conferences and road shows.
- Be proactive in helping to raise the awareness of the Company and Services and the enviable reputation that it holds.
- Be proactive in developing your geophysical understanding of technologies used, and work practices within the Company and in the general market.
- Travel between the Company's offices and worldwide as required.
This is a challenging and exciting role working for an expanding geophysical services company. It offers a great deal of scope and variety for a proven sales professional or a geoscientist wishing to improve their technical and commercial understanding of exploration activities. With excellent client facing skills, you will be supported and nurtured and given every opportunity to be successful in sales.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
- An earth science degree (preferably geology/geophysics) essential. Msc or PhD level preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in Sales/Business Development OR in a technical geophysical role (e.g. data processing or/and interpretation) with the desire to move into Sales essential.
- Previous experience in a client-facing role highly desired - either in pre/post sales, service delivery, Sales or/and Business Development.
- A strong understanding of the exploration cycle essential.
- Knowledge of the data processing workflow desired e.g. Gravity/Magnetic/Gradiometry/EM OR/AND Seismic data. Knowledge of the interpretation workflow desired - e.g. integrating processed data with other geophysical and geological exploration data to produce robust geological models.
- An entrepreneurial individual with a strong desire to succeed in sales essential. Can devise and implement plans to achieve desired results.
- The ability to clearly articulate the technical and commercial value of proposed solutions to Oil and Gas companies essential.
- Experience of applying potential field geophysics to exploration highly desired.
- Knowledge of gravity and magnetic data, products and services highly advantageous but full training will be provided.
- An understanding of the link between geological and geophysical interpretation highly advantageous.
- Can work independently and also be an excellent team player, with the ability to work with all levels within the Company to accomplish goals.
- Highly confident individual - ability to make presentations to clients at all levels.
- Strong commercial instincts - the ability to research and identify potential leads in support of sales and business development.
- Excellent communications skills - you will liaise with all levels in the Company to achieve results and participate at senior level meetings and present to clients.
- An appreciation of Marketing - understands the importance of raising awareness and reputation within the regions and can contribute to this success.
- Excellent project management skills - ability to multitask and undertake various sales/marketing activities simultaneously. Be able to plan, monitor and drive a project to completion.
- Fluent in English, written and spoken.
- Strong PC literacy with Microsoft applications.
- Highly flexible - ability to adapt to new project challenges and work practices.
- Willing to travel as required.
Package: The Company is open to hiring a Sales Professional or a Geoscientist wishing to move into sales. As such a Base Salary of £35K - £60K including discretionary bonus, commission scheme plus Company benefits is on offer dependent on skills and experience.
Applications for this job are accepted via www.working-smart.co.uk
To apply, go to the Web Site, Select ‘Candidates’ and ‘Review Jobs’. OR alternatively, you can forward your CV electronically to email@example.com, detailing the job title and reference number. We would also suggest that you forward a Cover Letter focused on your experience in line with the requirements specified. Please detail which location you are interested in your Cover Letter.