Title: Seismic Sales Support/Data Manager - WS/1012
Location: UK - Surrey
Job Status: Permanent
Interview Date: ASAP
Start Date: ASAP
Open To: EU Nationals or Holders of UK Work Permits
Job Overview: A leading International Seismic Service Company in the upstream oil and gas industry is seeking a Seismic Sales Support/Data Manager to take responsibility for all data management matters and sales support relating to seismic data for their Europe, Africa and Middle East (EAME) Business. This role will include but not limited to data management, quality control, asset inventory/management, client data sales/orders, and database maintenance. Applicants are invited with a knowledge of seismic data, excellent client liaison skills and strong project management skills. This is a varied role and the key is an understanding of how seismic data is acquired, stored and entitled, combined with the ability to manage processes and projects that deliver global objectives.
The Company has grown dramatically in the last year through acquisition, increased investment, a strong executive management team and effective sales strategies. The UK based operation has recently moved to prestigious new offices to support continued growing demand. The Company purchased all of the 2D Multi-Client Seismic Library of a global geophysical company earlier this year. Combining this with their own established library has resulted in the Company now having the second largest 2D seismic library in the global upstream marketplace.
The Company is working on delivering a fully integrated data base system combining the acquired 2D MC seismic library with their own legacy data and ensuring all entitlements are correctly registered. The Data Administrator in the UK is tasked with populating all the EAME related seismic data. You will manage this process ensuring that the data is collated, populated correctly and quality controlled. You will work closely with your US counterpart to agree processes and then implement and manage these practices in the UK.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Global Data Management Manager your key tasks and responsibilities will include:
This is an exciting and varied role combining technical knowledge of seismic, storage databases, and the ability to manage processes and personnel to deliver tasks and objectives. As the Company is forging ahead with new technical data solutions for their clients, you will play a pivotal part in this success. This is a great time to join this global Company that is a highly regarded in this marketplace.
- Become competent in the Company's multi-client (MC) seismic acquisition and service business, processes and practices.
- Respond in a professional and timely manner to a Client's enquiry for seismic data. Determine if previous client, prepare a quote by calculating the total area of interest. Prepare the quotation for the sales team to liaise with the end client.
- Check if/what agreements are in-place, arrange as appropriate and manage this process. Upon acceptance of quote arrange for documents to be countersigned as appropriate.
- Respond to client enquiries/queries both pre sale and post-sale.
- Monitor the co-ordination and despatch of deliverables, and ensuring client satisfaction through each stage of the process, including responding to any after sales concerns.
- Preparation of client invoices. This may be undertaken by accounts moving forward.
- Work closely with the Geophysical Advisor regarding any issues where necessary
- Maintain up to date records by archiving agreements and recording information on sales history spread sheets
- Respond to requests for pre-sales assistance, deliverables sales history updates and revenue share issues from the Singapore and US offices.
- Work with IT to identify and develop the specification for a global sales database, to include agreeing requirements and eventual access of the database by all Multi Client sites.
- Populate and manage the sales database with client information and sales history allowing up to date reports to be produced
- Centralise Multi Client global functions where required (e.g. regional sales information, Master Agreements etc)
- Monitor any revenue share due to Company's Partners, Consultants, and Government Authorities and prepare purchase orders where required, as per the original agreement
- Support Accounting on monthly revenue share and the provision of a monthly revenue share report.
- Liaise with Partners regarding any sales they make.
- Manage direct reports such as Multi Client Database Administrator and future data management personnel. Oversee and prioritise work-loads and resolving issues as required.
- Attend periodic Multi Client meetings and courses, lectures and seminars as required
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
- Degree in Geophysics//Geology or related subject desired.
- A minimum of 3 years upstream oil and gas industry experience essential.
- Proven understanding of 2D/3D Seismic data essential.
- Proven experience in managing seismic data for a seismic contracting company or/and an oil firm essential.
- A knowledge of the multi-client seismic business desired.
- Excellent Client Liaison skills essential - a true appreciation of customer care and attention to detail to deliver a high level of satisfaction.
- Awareness/experience of Geological Data Management Software (SMT Kingdom) a plus as Sales Managers demonstrate data sets via SMT software.
- Commercial acumen essential - the ability to analyse sales, forecasting, understand the importance of contracts/agreements and their adherence.
- High energy levels, drive and enthusiasm essential.
- Relationship builder - ability to build strong relationships, both internal and external, across your region.
- Team player -the ability to interact effectively across functions and levels within Company, clients and external bodies to deliver success.
- Fluent in English essential - ability to speak other European languages highly desirable.
- Marketing focused - understands the importance of raising awareness and reputation.
- Strong IT focus essential - knowledge of data stores, structures and how data is populated, retrieved and archived.
- Confident, self-motivated and responsive individual with sound judgement and pragmatic in approach.
- Willingness and ability to travel as required (e.g. Houston etc.)
Package: A Base Salary of between £35K - £42K (GBP) plus a bonus and Company benefits is on offer dependent on skills and experience. There may be some flexibility on base salary for a high calibre candidate.
Applications for this job are accepted only via www.working-smart.co.uk
To apply, go to the Web Site, Select ‘Candidates’ and ‘Review Jobs’. OR alternatively, you can forward your CV electronically to email@example.com, detailing the job title and reference number. We would also suggest that you forward a Cover Letter focused on your experience in line with the requirements specified.