Title: Sales Manager - The Americas - WS/1013
Location: Houston or Denver
Job Status: Permanent
Interview Date: ASAP
Start Date: ASAP
Open To: US Nationals or US Work Permit Holders
Job Overview: A recognised leading provider of specialist geophysical services to oil exploration companies worldwide seeks a Sales Manager to lead and drive the future growth of the Company' seismic survey multi-client business across North and South America. Applicants are invited with a strong strategic focus in developing business opportunities and with some experience working in the Oil and Gas industry. Previous experience selling geophysical related services, products or/and data highly advantageous. The key to this role is the ability to identify opportunities, develop and implement a strategic plan and to deliver successful growth.
The company offers a full range of services surrounding potential field geophysics to exploration companies. Services and products range from data acquisition, processing, integrated interpretation projects and multi-client data. They also manage the proprietary gravity and magnetic data holdings for several oil exploration companies and also broker non-exclusive potential field data for a number of blue chip companies.
The Company has been able to demonstrate that significant geological information can be gleaned from gravity gradiometry, gravity and magnetic data in both frontier and mature exploration areas. As such the demand for proprietary and Multi-Client surveys, related data and integrated studies has increased dramatically around the world.
Working within New Ventures Group, you will identify and develop Multi-Client opportunities across the Americas. You will drive and manage sales opportunities and raise the awareness and reputation of the Company as the leading non-seismic player in multi-client surveys and data brokering. You will be proactive in keeping abreast of trends, players and potential opportunities across the Americas.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Vice President New Ventures your key tasks and responsibilities will include:
In this strategic position, you will play a pivotal part in the further growth of the multi-client business in the Americas. You will have the scope and support to deliver successful results within the region. You will be supported by a range of people from sales professionals to technical experts. As opportunities for growth continues, you may have to expand the sales team.
- In conjunction with the V.P New Ventures derive a sales strategy for multi-client surveys and data library growth that will meet the sales targets set in the Americas.
- Identify key personnel (e.g. exploration, new ventures, finance), in the oil operators in the region. Establish and build relationships of trust becoming the key focal point for multi-client business in the Americas.
- Market and promote integrated solutions (i.e. acquisition, processing and interpretation) as well as available data to identified clients ahead of scheduled licence rounds. You will be supported by subject expert technical personnel as required.
- Maintain multi-client brokerage agreements and multi-client integrated solution sale initiatives to promote all available data.
- Ensure data licensing contracts conform to industry standards and best practices within the industry.
- Develop US pricing strategy for all data sales and derivative products to help promote data sales.
- Liaise with marketing personnel to promote and advertise available.Be aware of data management regulations and developments across the industry. Implement efficient strategies which adhere to these regulations.
- Maintain key client relationships; in particular the relationships with North and South American multi-client seismic partners; and ensure client enquiries are responded to promptly and effectively.
- Be proactive in understanding and keeping a focus on the North and South American market - identify acquisition trends and activities, licensing rounds, activities of players.
- Be proactive in raising awareness and reputation of the value of the Company's multi-client business within your region. Participate, and attend relevant US oil and gas conferences.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
- Degree in Earth Sciences discipline preferred. Preferably in geophysics.
- A minimum of 5 years upstream oil and gas industry experience essential.
- Strategically focused - can define and implement winning strategies and the ability to work at all levels within the Company to accomplish goals essential.
- Previous experience as a New Ventures Manager, Business Development, Sales Account or/and Sales Manager of geotechnical services, products or/and data highly desired.
- An understanding of the geophysical survey business especially the gravity/magnetic survey side highly advantageous.
- Ambitious with high energy levels, drive and enthusiasm essential.
- An understanding of oil industry challenges, market trends highly desired
- Relationship builder - ability to build strong networks, both internal and external, across the Americas.
- Strong commercial acumen essential - the ability to analyse and identify market opportunities and to develop strategic plans that leverage the current buoyant oil market.
- Excellent project management skills essential - the ability to define and communicate clear objectives, tasks and timeframes to achieve results. Ability to multi-task concurrent growth activities.
- Team player -the ability to interact effectively across functions and levels with Company, clients and external bodies to deliver success.
- Strong technical/communications skills essential - can quickly grasp the technical aspects of multi-client services and the ability and confidence to articulate the value proposition to clients, government officials etc.
- Marketing focused - understands the importance of raising awareness and reputation within your region.
- Confident, self-motivated and responsive individual with sound judgement and pragmatic in approach.
- Languages - ability to understand spoken and written Spanish and Portuguese is desirable but not essential.
- Ability to travel within the Americas and international travel for client and company meetings.
Package: This is a strategically important role and as such a highly attractive remuneration package is on offer - consisting of competitive base salary plus commission, plus company benefits.
Applications for this job are accepted only via www.working-smart.co.uk
To apply, go to the Web Site, Select ‘Candidates’ and ‘Review Jobs’. OR alternatively, you can forward your CV electronically to email@example.com, detailing the job title and reference number. We would also suggest that you forward a Cover Letter focused on your experience in line with the requirements specified.