Title: Regional Strategic Sales Account Manager - Energy ($160 +++) - WS/1034
Location: Russia - Moscow
Job Status: Permanent
Interview Date: ASAP
Start Date: ASAP
Open To: CIS nationals or Russian Work Permit Holders
A leading provider of information to the global Energy, Defence, Power, and the Environmental Industries seeks a Regional Strategic Sales Account Manager to join their Energy Division in Moscow to manage and build profitable long-term Client partnerships across the CIS states and Caspian region to secure repeat business and to generate new business from existing clients and potentially new clients. Applicants are invited with sales account experience in the oil and gas markets. Experience selling geoscience or engineering software or associated data, research, reports, news feeds, market data, analytical tools, and/or intelligence highly desired. The key to this role is a general interest in and affinity to selling information and the provision of business intelligence to your end client. Full training will be provided in the Company's information solutions, workflows and practices. Commission is uncapped so excellent opportunity for high financial reward.
The Company is considered an authoritative source and market leader in the fields of market intelligence, data, market research and consulting services, in the oil and gas industry. They currently operate the largest single source of market intelligence for the upstream oil and gas industry, covering marine operations, seismic, rigs, oil field development etc. and are seeking to expand their sales within the region. Information services span, the latest supply of vessel chartering requirements, offshore rigs; seismic vessels; offshore wells; offshore field development activity; renewable energy, energy industry news and much more. Information sources ranges from data, publications, online-subscriptions, powerful web-based analytical tools and related information consulting services.
They have a matrix organisation, operating worldwide with over 5000 employees and continue to grow. This is a great time to join the Company in Moscow as they plan to grow aggressively across the CIS in the next 3 years and this role has the potential for more senior level sales/business management positions.
The Company has unique products and services and are highly successful in securing revenue from repeat subscription sales. In your role, you will manage and take ultimate responsibility for your accounts which could be mid-level to large prestigious oil companies operating in the region. You will work closely with the Company's technical product experts across the portfolio of products and solutions, availing of their technical expertise when required.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Director of Sales - Energy Markets, you will undertake:
- Identify and establishes strategic partnerships within the assigned accounts, become the focal contact across their Energy Businesses. Work closely with key personnel within these businesses, raising the awareness and reputation of the Company.
- Apply leadership, facilitation, and collaboration skills when working with the Company's global strategic account managers and specialist product manager to leverage sales within your accounts and to achieve your sales quota. This will be achieved through the renewal of existing contract, and the identification of new opportunities within assigned accounts.
- Cross selling of additional products. This will be done through the prospecting and development of new leads, as well as the continued follow-up and support of the sales cycle with the Sales Specialists and Product Managers involved in the sale.
- Define and develop business strategies for your assigned accounts that will deliver/exceed sales targets. Monitor performance of your strategies and adjust direction, focus and sales initiatives as needed to deliver targets agreed. Provide accurate sales and renewal forecasting.
- Works collaboratively with the Energy team to ensure that all stakeholders are aware of status and working towards the defined strategy. Measure against monthly meetings
- Guide the development of specific sales programs and account strategies aimed at increasing account volume, profit and penetration.
- Participation on Global and Regional strategic account teams - at annual Company business reviews, advisory boards, while securing Executive level meetings and introducing the Company's leadership team members as appropriate.
- Identify opportunities to expand business sales for products and services. Develop tactical plans for increasing demand, protect revenues, preventing cancellations.
- Identify and coordinate technical experts as required in your accounts.
- Work with Product Management to use customer feedback and analytical insights in formation of new products/solutions.
- Work with the "Regional Strategic Account Team" to develop and implement plans to deliver excellent services and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Oversee the entire sales cycle including initial contact, proposal, license agreement execution, invoicing, and collection. Maintain the CRM.
- Focus on delivering on time quality reports and the fulfilment of requests from Management, accurate sales and renewal forecasting, use of the activity calendar, on time attendance at meetings, and overall professionalism.
- Be proactive in your continued professional development including the attendance of training such as Miller Heiman's LAMP and Strategic Selling, Negotiating, Effective Presentations and Communication, and Product and Industry Knowledge.
- As required, attend various trade shows, representing and promoting the Company.
- Work with Marketing to raise awareness and reputation within your accounts.
- Keep abreast of energy industry best practice, trends and challenges relating to geoscience software, training and consultancy services.
- Must be willing and able to travel
The key to this role is proven strategic account management experience. You will be given a great deal of scope and autonomy to deliver results in a buoyant oil and gas market across the Company's Energy Sector. The role offers great potential for further career opportunities working for this global conglomerate across the Energy Industry or other markets and sectors
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
- An Earth Science related degree essential. Must have a strong understanding of geology.
- Proven strategic account sales experience within the Energy Industry essential.
- Proven experience in integrated and consultative selling techniques is highly advantageous.
- Commercially astute - ability to develop, implement and maintain high-level strategies that maintains the dominant position of the Company, meets or exceeds targets and that address the competition.
- Proven experience in identifying, influencing, driving and closing large sales.
- Expertise working with highly complex, strategic accounts operating across multiple disciplines and decision makers desired.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to articulate technical value-add to clients in a coherent manner, across all levels.
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Project management and accurate forecasting experience
- Experience of sales methodologies advantageous (e.g. Miller Heiman Blue Sheets, Gold Sheets…).
- Highly analytical, leading problem solving on complex client / commercial issues.
- Strong Team Player - able to engage and win respect and cooperation of others. Can work collaboratively with other Sales and customer support personnel to achieve the common goal.
- Strong customer services focus - ability to portfolio customer portfolio analysis and research
- Ability to Travel up to 40%
Package: Dependent on skills and experience, a Base Salary plus commission giving potential on target earning (OTE) of $160K USD (Circa £100K++ GBP) in the first year plus Company Benefits. Opportunity to excel and earn more in following years. Role offers a great working dynamic environment with huge potential for growth and higher financial rewards as OTE is uncapped and attractive sales accelerators included.
Applications for this job are accepted via www.working-smart.co.uk
To apply, go to the Web Site, Select ‘Candidates’ and ‘Review Jobs’. OR alternatively, you can forward your CV electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, detailing the job title and reference number. We would also suggest that you forward a Cover Letter focused on your experience in line with the requirements specified. Please detail which location you are interested in your Cover Letter.