Title: Project Manager - Data Solution Implementations - EW/WS/1038
Location: UK OR France (i.e. London, Surrey OR S. France) + International Travel
Job Status: Permanent
Interview Date: ASAP
Start Date: ASAP
Open To: EU Nationals or UK work permit holders
A fast-growing upstream Oil and Gas Products and Services Company is seeking a Project Manager to manage the implementation of their data solution within their Client's system and petrotechnical environments across Europe, Africa, Middle East and potentially the Asia Pacific client base. With proven project management of data management solutions you will manage all stakeholder relationships from the technical scoping and specification through to service delivery. This is a senior level role for a candidate who has strong PM experience in managing data solutions, excellent client facing skills and interested in international travel. The key requirements are strong PM competency, willingness to learn, flexibility and desire to undertake the role and succeed.
The Company develops and markets oracle data management solutions and software products and professional services, for the upstream oil and gas industry. Their clients include organizations of all sizes from small to medium to a host of prestigious oil majors, located globally. The demand for their products and services is expanding and this role will provide support to their growing user community across Europe, Africa, Middle East and Far East / Asia Pacific regions.
Around the world, the Company's Data Management system is recognized as the industry-leading solution for loading, managing, storing, processing and distributing borehole data. Residing on Windows or Linux system environments, it offers scalability and agility, serving single-use laptops and project data stores as well as corporate databases and national archives. It is a highly reliable de facto data store for an oil Company's petrotechnical community, including borehole data specialists, data technicians, petrophysicists, geologists, geophysicists and engineers.
Due to increased global demand for their product and services they are expanding their service delivery team and hence the need for this position. In this PM role, you could be project managing a large data implementation project for a major oil Company, whilst managing smaller projects for medium independent oil companies. Travel to client's offices will be required in the course of managing your projects.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Service Delivery Manager this role encompasses many functions including:
- Become knowledgeable of the system environments (Windows and Linux) in which the data solutions are implemented, and in the Company's workflows and practices. Training will be provided as required.
- Take responsibility for building and leading a team and playing an active role in managing human resources.
- Build strong relationships of trust with your client contacts involved in the project. Understand their challenges, constraints and timeframes.
- You will define and agree the project requirements and key performance indicators for service deliverables. As part of the technical specification process, you will define their system environment - what geoscience applications are installed, how they are configured, how they are integrated, what data stores are in-place and how they are customised and the related work-flows.
- Agree with the Client, the full scope of the project, the timeframes and deliverables. Manage all aspects of the project from ensuring sign-off on business requirements, development of functional design, engaging with the project delivery team, ensuring component testing, integration testing with the Client's other geoscience technologies (i.e. data stores or/and software applications) through to full service delivery.
- In your planning stage, allow for risk mitigation and contingencies. Work closely with all the stakeholders of the project to reduce risk and manage any internal or external conflicts.
- Using project management/execution tools you will ensure that the project is delivered within the agreed timeframes, budget, and to the highest level of efficiency and quality.
- Take responsibility for delivering the project - planning, tracking, managing, and reporting on project performance (status and progress) on a periodic basis.
This role offers a great deal of scope and autonomy for a dynamic self-motivated individual with a strong project management background in data solutions.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
- Degree in a numerate discipline such as computer science, IT, or geoscience related essential. A geology/logging/petrophysical academic background advantageous.
- Project Manager with proven experience in managing the implementation of data solutions essential (preferably Oracle related database solutions). Can demonstrate your ability to plan, manage, track and report (to all stakeholders as required) to achieve a successful project implementation.
- A project management qualification in ITIL, Prince 2, PMP or/and AMP highly desired.
- Previous experience in building and leading teams, as well as having the ability to manage human resources essential.
- Previous responsibility of managing medium to large sized implementation projects with varying scope, complexity and conflict desired.
- A strong understanding of risk mitigation and stakeholder management in the successful delivery of a project essential.
- Experience in the oil and gas industry highly desired but not essential.
- Strong underlying technical IT background essential. (e.g. Linux/Windows environments, SQL/Python scripting, middleware, data solutions, integration, licensing permits….)
- High level client facing skills as you will deal with varying client projects across Europe, Africa, Middle East and Far East region.
- Excellent communication skills - ability to work across all levels, to gain trust and the buy-in of project deliverables, and to converse in a competent and coherent manner.
- Strong interpersonal and management skills, able to manage the implementation consultants involved in the delivery.
- Motivated and enthusiastic with a positive attitude.
- Attentiveness to detail & responsive to client needs.
- Can work independently and also be an excellent team player - must be able to deliver installations effectively.
- Highly flexible - ability to adapt to new project challenges and work practices.
- Drive and ambition to succeed within a fast growing Company.
- European languages beneficial.
- Must be able to travel internationally.
Package: An attractive highly competitive Base Salary of £50K - £60K plus bonus scheme is on offer dependent on skills and experience. Benefits include: 25 days' paid vacation per year, Contributory pension scheme and free private health care and disability cover.
When applying for the role can you please put in your cover note what your preferred location is i.e.
London, Surrey OR S. France
Applications for this job are accepted via www.working-smart.co.uk
To apply, go to the Web Site, Select ‘Candidates’ and ‘Review Jobs’. OR alternatively, you can forward your CV electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, detailing the job title and reference number. We would also suggest that you forward a Cover Letter focused on your experience in line with the requirements specified. Please detail which location you are interested in your Cover Letter.