Title: Airborne Survey Project Leader (1-2 Positions) - EW/WS/820
Location: Worldwide Field Operations (Rotational 6/3)
Job Status: Permanent or Contract
Interview Date: ASAP
Start Date: ASAP
Open To: All Nationalities
A recognised leading provider of specialist services in gravity and magnetic geophysics to oil exploration companies worldwide seeks Airborne Survey Project Leaders to lead airborne geophysical crews acquiring and processing gravity gradient data worldwide. Applicants are invited with some relevant experience in managing airborne or survey crews. Good potential for career progression working for a leading and expanding Company. This is a rotational job with 6 weeks on and 3 weeks off.
The Company offers a full range of services surrounding potential field geophysics to exploration companies. These services and products range from airborne and marine surveys, data acquisition, processing, and integrated interpretation projects, including related software.
The Company has developed pioneering airborne acquisition techniques that are yielding benefits including lease decisions, seismic location determination, prospect generation and drilling locations. Through the acquisition of gravity gradient data, the analysis of gravity and magnetic data in combination with other conventional methods provides a more complete exploration solution. As such the Company is expanding to meet the demands of their clients globally.
With a background in airborne surveys, your primary responsibility will be to lead an airborne geophysical crew, which will acquire and process gravity gradient data worldwide, in countries for example such as USA, Canada, Columbia, and North Africa regions…
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Survey Operations Manager your key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Leading an airborne geophysical field survey crew consisting of geophysicists, aircraft engineers and pilots.
- From time to time you may be asked to participate in a marine crew.
- As required, assist or cover for the Crew Manager to project manage field acquisition projects as required, including mobilization / demobilisation, survey planning, client liaison, and liaison with the aircraft operator.
- Maintain a high level of airborne-time by pre-empting problems as best as possible and successfully resolving such issues.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with key personnel in country of survey (e.g. aviation authorities, local contractors, company agents, customers, vendors and suppliers who participate and contribute to the field operations).
- Where required undertake in-field quality control processing of gravity gradient, GPS, magnetometer and laser ranging data. Training will be provided.
- Operate, calibrate and when necessary; repair airborne acquisition instrumentation in the field - training will be provided.
- Supervise and schedule the work of the field crew in a productive, efficient, and safe manner.
- Implement quality policy and procedures as required.
- Promote strong HSE practices - initiate and implement risk reduction and risk management processes.
- Promote good team working practices within your crew
- Maintain effective communications with the UK head office.
- Contribute to the documentation of field procedures and survey reports.
- Undertake training in the Company's techniques and software tools used.
- Maintain professional awareness of scientific instrumentation and other matters relating to the business.
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with airborne or marine survey experience who likes the concept of rotational work, offering long periods of time off (e.g. 3 weeks off each rotation). The role offers the opportunity to use innovative technologies, working with the world's only independent service company specializing in both gravity gradient imaging and conventional gravity and magnetics. Lots of global travel and excellent potential for career progression.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
- A qualification in Geophysics, Electronics or Aviation preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years airborne or marine survey experience essential. Preferably airborne. Interested in candidates from oil and gas, geological surveys, hydrographics and air force.
- Some experience of flight planning, survey design and planning highly desirable.
- Previous experience in a supervisory or leading role desirable as you will lead an airborne crew.
- Good project management skills - the ability to prioritise, resolve problems and contribute to the maintenance of high technical and production standards.
- Experience of geophysical data acquisition, QC or processing advantageous.
- Experience or knowledge of potential field, gravity & magnetics, or gravity gradient data highly desirable.
- Highly analytical with excellent problem solving abilities essential.
- Service orientated - strive to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Good report writing capabilities - attention to detail.
- Good understanding of relative HSE issues and resolutions.
- Team Player - must work effectively by actively contributing to the accomplishment of goals.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Positive attitude and problem solving approach.
- Able to work under pressure to exacting deadlines and time scales.
- Self-motivated, able to manage your task effectively and escalate problems that you cannot resolve.
- Previous experience working in remote locations within various multicultural groups desirable.
- Must be able to travel.
Package: Dependent on skills and experience the Company are offering a Base Salary of £30K - £40K plus Field Allowance, resulting in an annual expected salary of £37K - £47K. In addition, a per diem cost of living allowance is provided plus a 5% Bonus scheme plus company benefits.
Applications for this job are accepted via www.working-smart.co.uk
To apply, go to the Web Site, Select ‘Candidates’ and ‘Review Jobs’. OR alternatively, you can forward your CV electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, detailing the job title and reference number. We would also suggest that you forward a Cover Letter focused on your experience in line with the requirements specified. Please detail which location you are interested in your Cover Letter.