Title: Sales Executive - Gravity Data Sales - (up to $120K ++) - EW/WS/845
Location: US - Houston
Job Status: Permanent
Interview Date: ASAP
Start Date: ASAP
Open To: US Citizen or US Work Permit Holder
A fast growing, petroleum and minerals Company, seeks a sales oriented Sales Executive to promote and sell US based gravity data and some US based magnetic data to clients in North America. Applicants are invited with a minimum of 1 year's sales experience in the upstream oil and gas industry, preferably selling geoscience data.
The Company holds an extensive commercial library of gravity and magnetic data, covering almost every country in the world at a variety of scales and resolutions. In addition, their growing library of multi-client geological and geophysical studies addresses critical issues of regional and basin-scale exploration.
The holder of this role will be expected to develop and drive new business opportunities for the gravity data libraries.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Director of Global Sales & Marketing, this is an extensive role including:
- Build relationships of trust with key personnel in all of the existing client accounts in North America related to onshore US exploration
- Identify the players in the North American onshore domestic exploration arena
- Develop a sales plan defining objectives and strategies that will meet business goals for your region (North America). Manage and communicate effectively actuals versus sales forecasts.
- Devise and negotiate winning proposals for new business.
- Work closely with the existing global sales team, sharing market information and supporting each other through this expansion period.
- Become a focal contact for the Company for US gravity and magnetic data and studies.
- Keep abreast of industry and Company new and proposed studies. Seek out, analyse and communicate market intelligence. Feedback client recommendations effectively.
- Support marketing activities - attend relevant industry exhibitions and conferences to represent and promote Company business.
With some experience in sales in the upstream oil and gas industry and preferably a geophysical background, you will play a pivotal role in directing and influencing the future growth of the Company in North American gravity and magnetic data and services. The role offers a great deal of scope and autonomy to deliver results.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
- Degree in an earth science essential. Knowledge of the uses of gravity and magnetic data in exploration desirable.
- Minimum of 3 years oil and gas industry experience essential.
- Minimum of 1 year's Sales experience in the oil and gas industry essential.
- Strong interest in exploration and knowledge of international basins and plays desirable.
- An understanding of the players in the North American onshore domestic exploration arena.
- Existing network of client contacts desirable
- Strong commercial acumen - the ability to devise, monitor, manage and communicate sales plans and forecasts effectively.
- The ability to articulate geophysical value propositions to clients essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills - with the ability to develop good working relationships with clients essential.
- Fluent in oral and written English essential
- Excellent presentation and communication skills as you will participate in executive level meetings with exploration managers and senior technical clients.
- Enthusiasm, drive and ambition to drive new business and be successful.
- Dynamic, self-motivated individual who is proactive to achieve and exceed targets. Strong team player who can work with all levels within the company to accomplish goals.
- Highly flexible with proactive approach to tasks.
- Ability to travel domestically within the US and Canada as required.
Package: Base Salary of $80K - $120K (US) plus a bonus plan plus Company Benefits is on offer, dependent on skills and experience. There may be some flexibility on base salary for a high calibre candidate.
Applications for this job are accepted via www.working-smart.co.uk
To apply, go to the Web Site, Select ‘Candidates’ and ‘Review Jobs’. OR alternatively, you can forward your CV electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, detailing the job title and reference number. We would also suggest that you forward a Cover Letter focused on your experience in line with the requirements specified. Please detail which location you are interested in your Cover Letter.