Title: Sales and Marketing Manager - EW/WS/901
Location: UK - Aberdeen (International Travel)
Job Status: Permanent
Interview Date: ASAP
Start Date: ASAP
Open To: EU Nationals or UK work permit holders
A leading industry provider of service solutions within the field of operational geology seek a Sales and Marketing Manager to join its headquarters in Aberdeen to manage all the Company's Sales & Marketing resources globally and to develop new sales channels in new markets internationally. Applicants are invited with proven experience selling software and/or consultancy services to the upstream Oil and Gas Industry. As a financially stable Company, with increased demand for its services, it is continuing with its growth and expansion.
The Company is a privately owned medium-sized international geological company celebrating its 21st year in business in 2011. It provides operational geology solutions to the Exploration and Production industry: software, geologists, instrumentation and training to create an integrated package for its Clients to drill and analyse wells.
In this senior level role, you will be based at the Company's headquarters in Aberdeen and manage all the Sales & Marketing resources globally, in Abu Dhabi, Jakarta and any future new overseas Company offices. In addition, you will be responsible for existing third party and contractor resources worldwide.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Sales & Marketing Director your key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- To manage and develop the individuals and the team
- To maintain and implement sales management process, including compensation plans, target setting and individual & team KPI's
- To support and develop all sales channels (including 3rd party agents) and sales support to provide the most effective sales structure internationally.
- To ensure selling skills and approaches are enhanced across the team
- To oversee the marketing activities and ensure the marketing strategy is aligned to the Business Objectives and effectively supports selling globally
- To maintain and develop effective communications across the team, between the team and other departments and externally within clients and potential clients
- To manage the CRM and sales process automation system throughout the organisation
- To manage and develop the sales performance and contribution of all sales people and the team as a whole
- To manage and develop appropriate channels and approaches to international markets
- Oversee, negotiate and finalise contracts for the provision of services and products, within agreed parameters
- To monitor and report on sales performance against budget, target and revenue requirements including company specific KPIs
- To deliver a steady consistent sales performance by closing deals for new and existing contracts to achieve agreed target levels
- Develop and maintain a process for tiered account management of clients, internationally, which allows an appropriate contact strategy to be followed
- To set up internally a system to encourage and process potential opportunities for new sales/business from Company staff and managers
- To work with operations in identifying, developing and closing sales/business opportunities with existing clients and from existing work
- To oversee and manage process for reviewing and reporting client satisfaction for all products and services
- To develop strategic relationships with designated global clients and manage all selling activities within those accounts
- To identify, develop and manage strategic alliances with agreed 3rd Party organisations internationally
- To work with strategically important clients to embed, develop and cross sell solutions to meet the clients requirements across their business
- To liaise with Directors and senior managers to identify opportunities to enhance/change product & service offerings, the business models and the commercial approach
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
- Degree preferred. Preferably in either in an Earth Science, Engineering or business related subject.
- Entrepreneurial individual with proven sales of software or/and consulting services to the upstream oil and gas industry.
- Skilled and effective negotiator with proven track record in developing and closing deals (comfortable with closing deals circa £50,000 and upwards].
- Experience operating at a strategic level to accomplish objectives.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills - you will be required to participate in executive level meetings with clients and prospects.
- Effective listener.
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to articulate value propositions across all levels, both internally and externally.
- Commercially focused - a self-starter, able to see the big picture but gives attention to the detail to close business.
- Knowledge and understanding of Marketing and Sales Support
- Passionate, resilient and enthusiastic.
- Flexible in their approach.
- Proficient in office IT systems and technologies in general.
- Team player - proven ability to work with all levels within the company to accomplish goals.
- Must be willing to travel.
Package: A competitive Base Salary plus Commission Plan plus Company benefits are on offer dependent on skills and experience.
Applications for this job are accepted via www.working-smart.co.uk
To apply, go to the Web Site, Select ‘Candidates’ and ‘Review Jobs’. OR alternatively, you can forward your CV electronically to email@example.com, detailing the job title and reference number. We would also suggest that you forward a Cover Letter focused on your experience in line with the requirements specified. Please detail which location you are interested in your Cover Letter.