Title: Sales Account Manager - Simulation Technology and Services - EW/WS/918
Location: UK - Surrey OR Aberdeen
Job Status: Permanent
Interview Date: ASAP
Start Date: ASAP
Open To: EU Nationals or UK work permit holders
Working for an established and leading provider of flow management modelling technologies and related services to the exploration and production sector of the Oil and Gas Industry, you will manage and lead sales and business growth in the UK. Applicants are invited with sales experience in the oil and gas industry OR/AND a desire to succeed in sales and some knowledge of simulation software gained in a client facing role such as pre/post sales, training or/and application support. The key is an entrepreneurial individual with an ambition to succeed in sales in the prosperous oil and gas Industry.
The company is the recognised leader of flow management modelling solutions for the oil and gas industry. Customer supported innovation and research has been at their core for more than 30 years, and they have successfully worked with research specialists to develop commercially powerful software solutions and consulting services in multiphase flow and reservoir engineering. With 250+ highly skilled professionals worldwide, they deliver advanced software and consulting services to assist their Oil and Engineering Company Clients to solve multiphase flow and reservoir engineering challenges. With more than 15 offices in 12 countries, they have in excess of 1000 installed sites globally. The Company has grown rapidly in recent years and continue to expand.
Their multiphase flow simulation software enables cross disciplinary workflows across drilling, wells, pipelines and complex gas fields and helps Clients realise value throughout the lifecycle of the hydrocarbon asset. The Company has expanded the capabilities to include real-time production information and they continue to develop these technologies to solve the world's most complex flow assurance challenges.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Regional Business Manager Europe, this role encompasses many functions including:
- Become competent in the Company's flow assurance suite of software solutions, services, work flows and practices.
- Identify key players within the existing and potential Clients base. Be accountable for developing relationships at the highest level - e.g. Production Managers, Engineering personnel…
- Build and maintain relationships of trust within your client base - be proactive in understanding their needs, priorities, challenges, constraints and business drivers. Provide visible and on-going contact within these regional accounts, scheduling regular client visits etc.
- Identify new business opportunities within your UK accounts for software sales, consultancy, onsite services and training.
- Become confident in effectively communicating all offerings to existing and potential clients.
- Develop and execute opportunity plans and strategies
- Be responsible for all client communications and compliance on client deliverables and revenue. Ensure that Client expectations are met.
- Provide regular two-way communication between the client and Company - Ensure that all processes and procedures are completed, quality standards are met, and that projects are profitable.
- Providing regular input on all account activity, including status and call reports on a weekly basis.
- Participate in a collaborative and mentoring fashion with the Regional and Global Sales teams.
- Support Marketing effort - assist marketing personnel on activities that increase awareness and reputation of the Company's offerings - e.g attending regional exhibitions, roadshows...
- Keep abreast of industry trends and practices relating to flow assurances.
- Be proactive in sharing this knowledge.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your technical and commercial capabilities in a rapidly growing sector of the Oil and Gas industry. The Company provides a great working and learning environment, both professional and socially. The role offers significant career opportunities with a reputable company with offices globally.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
- Degree preferred. Preferably in an earth science related subject.
- Entrepreneurial individual - with a keen desire to succeed in sales essential.
- A minimum of 5 years' work experience in a client facing role essential. (e.g. sales, pre/post sales, training or/and application support).
- Strong technology focus essential - the aptitude to grasp quickly the challenges and rewards of leading edge technologies and the ability to champion and influence sales of these technology.
- Knowledge of simulation software technologies (from any industry) highly advantageous.
- Experience working in the upstream oil and gas industry highly desired.
- Previous sales experience highly desired (especially consultative sales).
- Proven negotiating skills and tendering experience advantageous.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills - you will liaise with senior level management and technical personnel across many countries to achieve results.
- Proven leadership, critical thinking, and business acumen
- An assertive individual with the ability to forge relationships and close business.
- Highly methodical - ability to multi-task, prioritise, with attention to detail but constantly paying attention to the bigger picture.
- Personality and confidence to build strong relationships at all levels internally and externally to deliver results.
- Ambitious with a keen drive to exceed expectations and develop ones career.
- Able and willing to travel throughout the UK.
Package: A Base Salary of between £50K - £70K plus a commission plan yielding a potential on target earnings of £100K+ on offer dependent on skills and experience. Also, attractive Company benefits package. Extensive training and professional development opportunities.
Applications for this job are accepted via www.working-smart.co.uk
To apply, go to the Web Site, Select ‘Candidates’ and ‘Review Jobs’. OR alternatively, you can forward your CV electronically to email@example.com, detailing the job title and reference number. We would also suggest that you forward a Cover Letter focused on your experience in line with the requirements specified. Please detail which location you are interested in your Cover Letter.