Title: Business Development Manager - Nordic Countries - Multi-Client Business - EW/WS/943
Location: Norway - OSLO
Job Status: Permanent
Interview Date: ASAP
Start Date: ASAP
Open To: EU Citizens or Norwegian Nationals
A leading International Seismic Service Company in the upstream oil and gas industry is seeking a Business Development Manager to identify, secure, negotiate and win multi-client business across the Nordic Countries with key emphasis on Norway. Applicants are invited who are Norwegian speakers, have previous industry sales or/and business development experience, a good understanding of the multi-client business and the drive and ambition to succeed in a rapidly expanding services Company.
The Company has grown dramatically in the last year through acquisition, increased investment, a strong executive management team and effective sales strategies. The UK based operation has recently moved to prestigious new offices to support continued growing demand. The Company purchased all of the 2D Multi-Client Seismic Library of a global geophysical company earlier this year. Combining this with their own established library has resulted in the Company now having the second largest 2D seismic library in the global upstream marketplace. With these major strategic changes, a senior level management team and strong financial commitment in-place, this Company is on the threshold of major expansion and it is an exciting time to join and to support this success.
The Company offers a range of services that will be further augmented as a result of their 2D Library demand. Their seismic processing services offer a full range of seismic imaging techniques, including land and marine processing and inversion studies is well established globally. Their multi-client data sets are supported by a range of case studies, papers, reports surrounding potential plays and exploration prospectivity. The Company is committed to building additional services to enhance the value-add of these multi-client data sets.
The Company has established a significant footprint and presence in the Nordic Countries and firmly believes that there are substantial opportunities for multi-client surveys and are strongly committed to supporting all business development in this region. You will be part of the Company's Multi-Client business unit and will be supported by senior level technical personnel on business trips as required and a team of sales professionals.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Executive VP for North West Europe and Africa your key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Become competent in the Company's multi-client (MC) business, processes and practices.
- Identify and research new commercially viable MC projects across the Nordic Countries for potential new projects, involving both new data acquisition and/or reprocessing. Involve the Geological Advisor in this process.
- Oversee the development and growth of profitable new business, ensuring this is delivered in accordance with the MC strategy to achieve revenue goals for the region.
- Identify key personnel (e.g. exploration, new ventures, finance), in the oil operators in the region. Establish and build relationships of trust becoming the key focal point for multi-client business for the Company.
- Pursue sales leads and prospective clients by maintaining an extensive knowledge of all current market conditions (e.g. client activities, competitors, third parties, government bodies..). Promote new surveys and associated value-add services.
- Attend meetings with government ministries, national oil companies and other relevant third parties regarding potential new projects.
- Provide assistance to colleagues with liaison between contractors and partners on potential and active new projects.
- Present project ideas, including budgets and timescales to Manager, ensuring that proposed projects are practical and achievable, agreeing quotations with relevant team members and completing detailed proposals when required.
- Assist with the development and implementation of strategies to achieve profitability on new projects.
- Monitor and control expenditure for each project, in conjunction with Manager.
- Secure prefunding and close early sales on new projects.
- Generate commercial business plans for new projects, for management/board approval.
- Keep all relevant personnel fully informed as to the status of active and potential projects.
- Keep abreast of competitor activities in your region; assess their impact and the opportunities for the Company.
- Work closely with the business manager and sales team to discuss business and sales leads, successes and strategies.
- Be proactive in raising awareness and reputation of the value of the Company's multi-client business within the Nordic Countries. Work with the marketing department to develop new MC brochures and technical data sheets.
- Attend relevant industry conferences to raise the profile of the Company and represent and promote the multi-client business.
This is an exciting and challenging role as you will play a pivotal part in the further growth of the Company's multi-client business across the Nordic Countries. It will combine your knowledge of the market with your strong entrepreneurial commercial skills. You will have a great deal of autonomy and scope to drive strategies for this region whilst having technical and managerial support to deliver successful results. As the Company is set for major expansion, your success will ensure great career prospects working for a global Company that is a highly regarded in this marketplace.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
- Degree in Geophysics//Geology or related subject desired.
- A minimum of 7 years upstream oil and gas industry experience with at least 2 years in sales or/and business development essential.
- A strong understanding of the multi-client business essential, preferably selling MC projects or/and related services, technologies or data.
- Proven experience of working the Nordic market essential - must have an understanding of the regional challenges, constraints, trends, companies/players, business workflows, exploration activities etc.
- Understanding of the hydrocarbon licensing process in Nordic countries essential. Previous experience of working with these authorities desired.
- An understanding of geology and ability to converse at a technical level regarding exploration prospectivity advantageous. Technical support available however.
- Strong commercial acumen essential - the ability to analyse and identify market opportunities, devise a survey proposal and to secure commitment from participants.
- Ambitious with high energy levels, drive and enthusiasm essential.
- Relationship builder - ability to build strong relationships, both internal and external, across your region.
- Team player -the ability to interact effectively across functions and levels with Company, clients and external bodies to deliver success.
- Strong technical/communications skills essential - can quickly grasp the technical aspects of multi-client services and the ability and confidence to articulate the value proposition to clients, government officials etc.
- Fluent in Norwegian and English essential.
- Marketing focused - understands the importance of raising awareness and reputation within your regions.
- Confident, self-motivated and responsive individual with sound judgement and pragmatic in approach.
- Ability to travel within the region.
Package: A Base Salary of between £70K - £85K (GBP) OR circa 628K - 763K (NOK) and an attractive bonus offers a highly competitive remuneration package, plus Company benefits is on offer dependent on skills and experience. There may be some flexibility on base salary for a high calibre candidate.
Applications for this job are accepted via www.working-smart.co.uk
To apply, go to the Web Site, Select ‘Candidates’ and ‘Review Jobs’. OR alternatively, you can forward your CV electronically to email@example.com, detailing the job title and reference number. We would also suggest that you forward a Cover Letter focused on your experience in line with the requirements specified. Please detail which location you are interested in your Cover Letter.