Title: Well Data Management Consultants - All Levels - WS/965
Location: UK -N. London OR Surrey OR S. France (Travel)
Job Status: Permanent
Interview Date: ASAP
Start Date: ASAP
Open To: EU Nationals or Holders of UK Work Permits
Working for a fast-growing upstream O&G products and Services Company is seeking Well Data Management Consultants to join their Operations Delivery & Support Team for Eastern Hemisphere. The Company are experiencing a major increase in data management (DM) consultancy projects from their global mid to major oil company clients. As such they are looking for all levels of well data management personnel to support the deployment and execution of these DM projects. Applicants are invited with a good understanding of well data (in particular borehole data) and some data management either in data loading, data migration, training or deployment of database systems and/or well data workflow optimisation. The key to this role is flexibility and the ability to travel as required. Full training and support will be provided.
The Company develops and markets software products and professional services, forming solutions that can greatly reduce project cycle times, saving money for all stakeholders in a business process. Their clients include organizations of all sizes from small to medium to a host of prestigious oil majors, located globally. The demand for their products and services is expanding and this role will provide support to their growing user community across Europe, Africa, Middle East and Far East / Asia Pacific regions.
The Company has been highly successful in the sales and deployment of their data management solutions. They currently have projects in Europe, Africa and the Asia/Pacific region with numerous more pending. The majority of these projects are on-site at Client offices so international travel will be required, but these are typically short visits.
Dependent on your DM skills and experience, you will initially undertake project work that will leverage your strengths. However, as you progress in your career you will be expected to gain experience across the Company's full portfolio of products and services. Working alongside experienced DM professionals, you will be mentored and supported in your role so you can quickly expand your skill and knowledge base.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the EH Delivery and Support Manager, your key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Become competent in the use of the Company's data management technologies, workflows and practices. Training will be provided as required.
- Depending on skills and experience, lead, manage or/and undertake aspects of data management projects such as:
- Liaise with the systems installation specialist in the deployment of the Company's DM solution at the client site.
- Liaise with the Client to ascertain the well data to be loaded to the Company's DM solution. Undertake the loading of this data as per the agreed project guidelines.
- Migrate well data (particularly borehole data) from archived and current data repositories to the Company's DM solution. QC this migration.
- Provide training to the geoscience community in data access, security, backup/restore and in the interpretation tools available.
- Provide advice and guidance in optimising data workflows. Become a valued focal point with the Client in maximising their deployment of this DM solution across their geoscience community.
- Ensure that DM projects do not interfere with the day-to-day operations of the geoscience community.
- Assist in undertaking the writing of technical proposals & Project Plans.
- Function as a Data Project Manager when needed.
- Support DM solutions after the delivery.
- Advise on deviations from service delivery plans / targets and define any remedial actions required.
- Be proactive in building relationships of trust with the Client - keep them informed of progress of projects. Involve all stakeholders. Strive to achieve a high level of client satisfaction.
- Assist other members of the business team as required for technical sales, workshops and software demonstrations.
- Work closely with the Delivery & Support team to develop and implement best practice services deliveries to new and existing clients.
- Work closely with the Sales Team - relaying potential for new business opportunities, account management and overall client satisfaction matters.
- Work closely with the software development team - ensuring that client requirements are clearly conveyed and understood.
- Keep abreast of data management technologies, work practices and trends in the oil and gas sector.
- Participate in technical conferences, trade shows, as needed for Eastern Hemisphere Operations.
This is an exciting and challenging role for an individual with experience in well data management activities. Based in the UK or in France, the role offers great scope to extend your technical skills into other areas such as geomechanics, petrophysics, well bore integrity, well planning etc.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
- University degree (in Earth Sciences) or an equivalent in work experience is a plus
- Some customer facing, technical experience in the Oil & Gas E&P industry in a well data management role essential. This may be in well data loading, migration, deployment of databases, training in data management, etc.
- Previous experience in pre/post sales, application support/training or/and undertaking or leading consultancy projects highly desirable.
- Some experience of borehole geology highly advantageous. This maybe in operational/wellsite geology or in an office based role.
- Previous experience using or supporting a geological/petrophysical application or related database solution highly desired (e.g. Recall, LogDB, Winlog…)
- Good Project Management and reporting skills essential - must be able to multitask and be methodical in approach.
- Excellent communication skills as you will deal with clients potentially on a global basis.
- Previous experience working on systems running on UNIX / Linux / Windows client-server platforms desired.
- General IT skills like Oracle and advanced Unix skills including scripting desired.
- Experience in a technical consulting role including facilitation, animating workshops and aligning solutions with Client expectations highly Advantageous.
- Experience in web applications highly advantageous.
- Excellent presentation skills - confidence to demonstrate technology to geoscience professionals.
- Motivated and enthusiastic with a positive attitude.
- Attentiveness to detail & responsive to client needs.
- Can work independently and also be an excellent team player, with the ability to work with all levels within the Company to accomplish goals.
- Highly flexible - ability to adapt to new project challenges and work practices.
- Drive and ambition to succeed within a fast growing Company.
- Must be service orientated.
- European languages beneficial.
- Must be able to travel internationally.
Package: A highly competitive Base Salary plus Bonus and Company benefits package is on offer dependent on skills and experience.
Applications for this job are accepted via www.working-smart.co.uk
To apply, go to the Web Site, Select ‘Candidates’ and ‘Review Jobs’. OR alternatively, you can forward your CV electronically to email@example.com, detailing the job title and reference number. We would also suggest that you forward a Cover Letter focused on your experience in line with the requirements specified. Please detail which location you are interested in your Cover Letter.