Title: Geomechanics Consulting Manager - EW/WS/979
Location: UK - Surrey
Job Status: Permanent
Interview Date: ASAP
Start Date: ASAP
Open To: EU nationals or UK Work Permit Holders
A leading International Services Company in the Oil and Gas industry seek a Geomechanics Consulting Manager to be responsible for the staffing, business development, efficiency and quality of the geomechanics consulting operations across the region of Europe and Sub-Saharan Africa. This job opportunity is an ideal entry to management for a professional with a background in geomechanics and who wishes to expand their experience beyond purely technical consulting. Applicants are invited with some technical expertise in the development of analytical and numerical solutions relating to a variety of geomechanic problems such as pore pressure prediction, wellbore stability analysis and reservoir geomechanical problems such as sand production prediction. Experience supporting drilling operations and working with internal and external customers to resolve complex problems is of key interest. The key to this role is a geomechanics understanding, a strong appreciation of good consulting service delivery and the ambition to take on and succeed in this management role. Excellent opportunities for career development as this Geomechanics Group is expanding in the region.
The Company is an established player in the global energy industry. Their services spans all aspects of the upstream oil cycle - from finding hydrocarbons to evaluating the prospects, building the wells, and managing and optimising the production process on behalf of their clients. They operate globally and have offices in 80 countries. Their consulting practice and product lines span all aspects of drilling, evaluations, completions and productions.
The Company runs Real Time Operating Center's (RTOC's) on behalf of their Clients, and also provide consultants and engineers to augment Client's in-house expertise. As part of the success of their Real Time Business Unit, the Company has established itself as a leading provider of real-time geomechanic services, providing onsite or remote monitoring to help keep their Clients drilling operations on track.
Supported by established workflow methodologies, a suite of highly regarded drilling software technologies and a highly skilled team of professionals, the Company's geomechanic services are expanding across the region. With a strong technical understanding of geomechanic type services and the ability to take on this managerial role, you will provide leadership to your team of geomechanical engineers whilst developing future business opportunities for these services. The geomechanics consulting services are in a strong growth mode and you may need to hire additional resources to help you manage this function. These resources would report to you.
Working in the Company's Consulting and Project Management Division in, you will be supported and mentored by the regional geomechanics business development and technical teams.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Director - Real Time Geomechanics Integrated Operations, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Become competent in the Company's workflows, technologies and consulting methodologies used. Undertake training in their software products for pre-drill, real-time and post-drill modelling projects.
- Build close relationships with your team; ensure they have the skills and training to undertake their project work. Mentor and support them in their roles.
- Build close relationships with key players at existing and potential clients. Establish yourself as the focal point of contact for geomechanic services in the region.
- Be proactive in understanding the market in terms of geomechanic services (i.e. the competitors, trends, practices..) and the clients (operators, trends, geomechanic services used and by whom and why…).
- Working with and supported by the Director of Geomechanics, you will develop a Geomechanics business plan and manage on-going forecasts of business performance in the region. Working with other senior management and business development/sales managers, you will implement this plan.
- Provide direction, support and leadership to your reports.
- Focus strongly on new business development - the region is very buoyant and there is immense opportunity for increased geomechanic service revenue. Work closely with the Country Manager and regional geomechanic teams to develop strategies to exploit these opportunities.
- Focus strongly on operational activities - define and implement a high level of performance for geomechanic services. Provide regular progress reports. Ensure that services are delivered in accordance with agreed Service Level Agreements. Monitor all aspects of service deliverables and implement effective control procedures throughout. Budget and schedule estimations for service activities, resources required etc.
- Resource Planning - Understand technical skills set required for pipeline work. Hire correct skills as required. Devise skill development plans and resource plans for current and future growth.
- Team Building - actively engage with your team - promote innovation through people skills, team development and motivation.
- Provide strong project management - ensure that services are clearly understood and communicated and delivered in a timely and professional manner.
- Be actively involved in tendering for geomechanic services - seek help/advise as required. Evaluate tenders lost and make corrective action for improvements to the process.
- Work with marketing personnel to raise the awareness of geomechanic services in the region.
- Keep abreast of geomechanic activities in the market i.e. competitors, pricing, forthcoming production activities and potential tenders etc.
The role offers a great deal of scope and variety and the opportunity to develop your managerial career with a leading global player in the oil and gas industry. You will be supported throughout.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
- Degree in engineering, geology, mathematics or physics essential. M.Sc./Phd highly desired.
- A minimum of 5 years oil industry experience essential.
- Previous experience working in a technical, operational or business development role related to geomechanic services essential
- Previous experience of managing the delivery of services to an oil company advantageous.
- Strong business acumen essential - the ability to think strategically, to develop and implement business plans effectively.
- Strong commercial acumen - the ability to devise, monitor, manage and communicate sales plans and forecasts effectively. The ability to understand contracts and tendering processes. Previous experience in these areas highly advantageous but training and support provided.
- Strong technical focus - proven working knowledge of related drilling and analytical tools and software applications used highly advantageous.
- Knowledge of Landmark's DrillWorks technology suite highly advantageouse (e.g. Wellplan, DrillWorks, Insite, Compass…)
- Strong personality and confidence to build strong relationships at all levels internally and externally to deliver results.
- Team leader - demonstrate that you can constructively develop and manage a team to achieve objectives.
- Self-motivated - can work independently and make things happen.
- Excellent communications skills essential.
- An assertive individual with the ability to provide effective leadership in a dynamic fast growing environment essential.
- High appreciation and pride in delivering services.
- Ambitious - desire to succeed - to develop and grow with the role - take on new challenges and to exceed expectations.
- Team player - proven ability to work all levels to accomplish goals.
- Must be able to travel internationally as required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential.
- Highly organised with excellent co-ordination skills essential.
- Fluent in English - other European language skills advantageous.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills essential as you will liaise with senior level clients.
- Must be able to travel - although limited.
- Ambitious with a desire to excel in a managerial role.
Package: Dependent on skills and experience, a Base Salary of £55K - £75K GBP plus bonus and the full range of Company Benefits is on offer. There may be some flexibility in base salary for a high calibre candidate.
Applications for this job are accepted via www.working-smart.co.uk
To apply, go to the Web Site, Select ‘Candidates’ and ‘Review Jobs’. OR alternatively, you can forward your CV electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, detailing the job title and reference number. We would also suggest that you forward a Cover Letter focused on your experience in line with the requirements specified. Please detail which location you are interested in your Cover Letter.